Diesel scrappage

My non-DPF honda used to smoke under hard acceleration, the easiest time to tell is when someone is following you up a motorway on-ramp at night with their headlights on. My DPF Audi certainly does not smoke.

Reply to
Andy Burns

is there such a thing?

tim

Reply to
tim...

Yes.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Or to dental treatment or opticians...

Reply to
mechanic

Reply to
mechanic

How would you know?

Reply to
mechanic

I could give you a 'paper' answer, but you'll say the test was rigged, so I'll simply say that I don't particularly care ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Because I had the reports from the tester.

Reply to
dennis

They aren't in city centres!

Reply to
mechanic

The whole principle of a city is to be a total parasite on the countryside where all the food is grown, water is collected, shit is dealt with and power is generated.

They should all be nuked

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

To wake up to the dangers - and anti-social behaviour - of continuing to drive diesel engines.

Reply to
mechanic

Do they need one? Try public transport (at least in London).

Reply to
mechanic

The new BMW 5 series hybrid looks quite interesting if it lives up to the hype.

Reply to
bert

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

Beginning to wish I'd kept my V8 Defender (11mpg) instead of changing it for a diesel (27 mpg)

Reply to
bert

In article , Brian Gaff writes

They've said that about every new generation of diesel engine for the last 20 years+. They even said it about the LR 200TDi

Reply to
bert

Next time get them to blank it off.

Reply to
bert

When does an incentive become a punishment - stick rather than carrot.

Reply to
bert

Did they test for that 10yrs ago?

Reply to
mechanic

Try going on public transport with a big suitcase or two and small children

Reply to
charles

If you want to see black smoke go on Youtube and search for clagging.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker