Clear / translucent h/d rubble sacks from where please?

Hi all,

I'm looking to pick up a wodge of clear / translucent h/d rubble sacks and whilst I know I can get them on the net, I'd rather just pop out and get them from one of the sheds if possible (now and if / when I need any more). Nth London / Herts if it helps.

I have bought them previously from such (B&Q possibly) but haven't seen any physically nor in their on-line stores (although I could have missed them etc).

So, anyone seen any in any of the national chains (or local shop in the above area) and if so where please?

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I emailed a localish poly bag supplier I found via Yell but no reply as yet.

Reply to
T i m

Got a local small brewery? I get their old malt sacks (but the brewer is a mate of mine). Also good for 20 litre water containers for use with the horses: this is how the sterilising fluid comes, and it costs him to dispose of them.

Reply to
Newshound

Erm, possibly (there used to be one in Hertford and I often smell something 'hoppy' on the A414 to Harlow) ;-)

Ah, are these a woven type material (like a fine poly-tarp?). If they are I just bought 5 x of that type from Wickes .

wodge of those would be handy for sure but if they are all like that I was hoping for something more see-through.

Cool. It's good when you can 'take stuff off people hands' like that. Win-win etc.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

containing rubble though not see through. Sharp things will puncture them, but the cuts don't tear readily. I have some of the woven polypropylene type too because one type of horse bedding (Megazorb, pelletised water paper I think) comes in them.

Reply to
Newshound

Ah, ok.

Yeah, I broke up a small concrete slab yesterday and it's currently sitting in a heap of ~20 h/d poly rubble sacks. A couple of tricks are to break all the lumps down into smaller bits and put some smaller stuff in the bag first. We had to double bag a few and some of these bags were on the 3rd or 4th load.

(Anyone in Nth London / Herts want about 4sq m worth of clean hardcore)?

Handy. These things aren't cheap and it's great if you can pick up some that would be otherwise dumped.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m