translucent white paint

Does anyone know of a paint or coloured wood varnish that I could use on skirting boards and door of a bathroom that would look white but still let the grain show through??
Ray
On 30 Nov 2004 05:21:57 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rayholden.co.uk (Ray Holden) wrote:

Limewash Anna
~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____| www.kettlenet.co.uk 01359 230642
Ray Holden wrote in message ...

Liquid gloss paint thinned with white spirit. I wouldn't use white emulsion, which is dull and lifeless by comparison. Lime would be too opaque IMO

emulsion,
Scumble glaze (?), which is meant to be mixed with a little white spirit and oil paint to achieve a see-through effect. You'll have to research it a bit,
Andy.

Sadolin do a "white wood stain", or at least they used to. I've used it on some wooden paneling in my conservatory and it looks very good.
Regards,
Paul.
On 30 Nov 2004 05:21:57 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@rayholden.co.uk (Ray Holden) wrote:

varnish tinted by appropriate paint eg acrylic varnish with acrylic paint ( from art supply shop ) or you might get away with emulsion for the paint but I havnt tried that.
Vista
You might try Sikkens Cetol TS Interior in shade 030 (Opal White). Microporous; forty quid for 2.5 litres. At least three coats. It might be a little too translucent for you though.