Christmas killed off; By on-line shopping?

We will remind you of that the next time you start on one of your vegan / anti meat eating rants. Or one of your other intolerant rants.

Reply to
Radio Man

On Sun, 22 Nov 2020 11:36:30 -0000 (UTC), Radio Man snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote: <snip>

I have nothing against people eating what they want, as long as they don't cause anyone to suffer whilst doing so. Given we are advised to make most of our intake fruit and veg and minimise our meat intake and cut out processed meats entirely, not eating animals seems a pretty sensible thing for people to do.

See above, you are the one being intolerant (of other animals, not me).

You are the sort of person who would likely be 'tolerant of slavery, people trafficking or domestic abuse if you chose to do so personally, without understanding that there are victims.

But you will learn, in time, even if it's not directly because of anything I've said or done but you will have to change (it's already happening). [1]

Cheers, T i m

[1] We took the dogs for a walk in a local forest and on the way back, fancied a cup of tea from the 'biker' burger van. Before ordering I asked if he had oat / soy milk and he (to my surprise) said 'yes, both'. Now, the chances are he didn't just bring them along for us and so 'other people' must also prefer it?

Similarly, yesterday daughter was in a (socially distanced) queue in a park cafe, again, just wanting a take-away coffee. She was 'pleased' to hear the two people in front of her ask for soy milk (she asked for and got oat milk).

This covers it all very well ... bon appetite! ;-)

T i m

Do you feed meat to them?

Reply to
gareth evans

No, they catch their own in the forest, like they would do in nature. ;-) [1]

Cheers, T i m

[1] But feeding 'pets' meat, or having pets at all is a contentious issue, even amongst vegans.

1) We (our family group) agree we wouldn't / shouldn't have pets, however, the only one we do have is a rescue dog. In an ideal world there wouldn't be any pet dogs and that's why strays / rescue dogs are typically neutered to stop the problem carrying on.

2) Many dogs can (and do) thrive on a vegan diet but you do really need to know what your are doing.

During our many thousand years living with and so domesticating dogs (and feeding them on our scraps) their digestive systems have changed (unlike wild dogs / wolves) to be able to process starch.

3) 'In the wild' they would be omnivores and mostly opportunist scavenger / meat eaters 'anyway'.

4) We have only ever had 'rescue' dogs and we have done so to allow them to live out their natural lives as the human companions (not to eat or otherwise exploit them) they have evolved to be.

Reply to
T i m

No "The" ?

(While looking this up I found several called "The Street"...)

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I'll emphasise that mine really is called "Avenue"!

Bob Eager

No, just 'Boulevard'.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Bowl of nuts, strange shaped box of dates, satsuma. Thats your lot

Reply to
fred

What ? Like a bag of coal. (is coke, what the gas company was left with after extracting the gas ) still available?

Reply to
fred
<snip>

Well, whilst I don't think that would be on the top of most peoples Xmyth list I'm sure a gift of a bag of coal has been made at some time (not just 'First footing') and been very appreciated? Winter fuel allowance?

Coke is still available but didn't realise it came from coal. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Did you think it grew on trees?

Reply to
Max Demian
<snip>

No, I knew it grows as a plant. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

There were some six-blocks that I used to look after and the flats were, for instance, 21a, 21b, 21c, 21d, 21e, 21f Bash Street, Roughtown.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

To the north of Doncaster there is a long road called Jossey Lane, after a recluse known as 'Old Jossie', who roamed it in the late nineteeth century. Until approx 1900 it was called Bruisingholme Lane. The continuation of Jossey Lane was called Middlegate until the 1940s, when it was renamed Jossey Lane. The name Middlegate was then used for a road on the new estate nearby, where I lived as a child.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

I see from the newspapers that veganism causes weak bones a hip fractures. It doesn't surprise me. Most of these weird experiments with one's own body end disasterously.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Ahh! The truth is out! "You will HAVE to change."! Environmentalists are fascists.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

That's absolutely dreadful. You must have no idea of how much good a dog can do.

Bill

Reply to
williamwright

Hint: perhaps you will now stop posting Vegan crap - you have influenced no-body. In fact you have probably done more damage to your cause as most people on this group now consider all Vegans to be complete nutters.

Reply to
alan_m

Indeed I now realise my distrust and near hatred of radical Islam begins with Shemima Begum.

But that is how Marxism works, be offensive as a minority, then when someone strikes back scream 'racism'.

It's the same as standing behind a wall of catholic protesters with a sniper rifle and having a go at British soldiers.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm afraid he finally entered my kill file as he was posting little else.

Reply to
Bob Eager