PING TNP - Gridwatch - You're going to need a bigger scale

Second interconnector 1GW up since 16th Nov

French zone is now IFA1+IFA2

IFA2 100MW import yesterday

Commisioning flows today

IFA2 @ 500MW Import 1415 UTC IFA2 @ 1000MW Import 1430 UTC

Commercial operation week 6 2021

--

Reply to
The Other Mike

What's up with the third interconnector through the chunnel?

Last year they were saying it'd be up and running by end of this year, now it seems like mid 2022.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Off for now

RTE:

"non, nous n'avons pas d'énergie"

(or it's Friday)

Reply to
The Other Mike

The UK and French end works are essentially completed, as for the cable in the tunnel I believe the status of that is not (as yet) for public disclosure.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Wind 10GW. c. 25% ?

Vaguely impressed.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

And Biomass was 2.9 GW yesterday...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Wood chips shipped over from Canada and burned in a bloody great big power station. Not all that "small is beautiful".

Reply to
newshound

We have always been 2GW to France...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It's a SECOND Interconnector at !GW

Reply to
The Other Mike

But there have always been two 1GW cables lumped into the French IFR data.

It doesn't show anything more or less than that on BM reports.

Oh, So its ANOTHER 1GW in addition to the 2GW already there? But wont be reported on until 2021.

Bugger, Another dial and no room for it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

This one?

Ian <$

yes, but of course it will transport surplus nuclear power in the summer from france and surplus coal power from the UK in winter.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Just combine them, surely?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

I suspect that wont give the real informations that people want. But the site needs a makeover anyway.

Sigh. And I've just spent 3 days circumventing Classic FMs demands to make me register before I can listen over the internet, by adding a 'radio' page to my home media server.

Will also allow my foreign based family to listen to UK based internet radio that they otherwise might be blocked from. I really am not looking forward to hacking more php and javascript...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

When I want to listen to UK sites (and other things, like my doctor's repeat prescription service) that require you to be 'in the UK' I just set up a proxy using ssh. It's very, very easy, though of course you do need some sort of system somewhere in the UK where you have an ssh login.

E.g.:-

ssh -C2qTnN -D 8080 <uk ssh host>

and then tell Firefox (or whatever) to use port 8080 for manual proxy

I'm sure putty in Windows can do the same just as easily.

Reply to
Chris Green

For sure. E&T has turned into Greenpiss monthly.

Thinking of cancelling my membership, as the whole organisation seems to be infested with liberal arts apologists of late.

Reply to
Ian <$

Shortwave (replacement for Gradio) on my linux box can play Classic FM without any hurdles, it seems to get it from

VLC on windows also seems happy with that URL.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yup. And my front end to that proxies it for my overseas families, reads the metadata and updates my fake 70s style 'hifi unit' image on the web page.

So I have one (internet enabled) portal for all my CDs, DVDS, live TV, internet radio, E-books, TV recordings

Its nice. I can watch TV on my mobile when away from home. In other countries even...Its my own 'cloud'

here are the URLS I have chased down so far - in php coding style

$stations= array( "Classic FM"=>"

","Absolute Radio"=>"
","Absolute Classic Rock"=>"
","Absolute Radio 60s"=>"
","Absolute Radio 70s"=>"
","Absolute Radio 80s"=>"
","Absolute Radio 90s"=>"
","Absolute Radio 00s"=>"
","LBC UK" => "
","BBC Radio 1"=>"
","BBC Radio

1xtra"=>"
","BBC Radio 2"=>"
","BBC Radio 3"=>"
","BBC Radio 4FM"=>"
","BBC Radio 4LW"=>"
","BBC Radio 4 Extra"=>"
","BBC Radio 5 Live"=>"
","BBC Radio 5 Live Sportsball Extra"=>"
","BBC Radio 6 Music"=>"
","BBC Asian Network"=>"
","BBC World Service UK stream"=>"
","BBC World Service News stream"=>"
","Radio Cymru"=>"
","BBC Radio Foyle"=>"
","BBC Radio nan Gàidheal"=>"
","BBC Radio Scotland"=>"
","BBC Radio Ulster"=>"
","BBC Radio Wales "=>"
","BBC Radio Berkshire"=>"
","BBC Radio Bristol"=>"
","BBC Radio Cambridgeshire"=>"
","BBC Radio Cornwall"=>"
","BBC Coventry & Warwickshire"=>"
","BBC Radio Cumbria"=>"
","BBC Radio Derby"=>"
","BBC Radio Devon "=>"
","BBC Essex"=>"
","BBC Radio Gloucestershire"=>"
","BBC Radio Guernsey"=>"
","BBC Hereford & Worcester"=>"
","BBC Radio Humberside"=>"
","BBC Radio Jersey"=>"
","BBC Radio Kent"=>"
","BBC Radio Lancashire"=>"
","BBC Radio Leeds"=>"
","BBC Radio Leicester"=>"
","BBC Radio Lincolnshire"=>"
","BBC Radio London"=>"
","BBC Radio Manchester"=>"
","BBC Radio Merseyside"=>"
","BBC Newcastle"=>"
","BBC Radio Norfolk"=>"
","BBC Radio Northampton"=>"
","BBC Radio Nottingham"=>"
","BBC Radio Oxford"=>"
","BBC Radio Sheffield"=>"
","BBC Radio Shropshire"=>"
","BBC Radio Solent"=>"
","BBC Somerset"=>"
","BBC Radio Stoke"=>"
","BBC Radio Suffolk"=>"
","BBC Surrey"=>"
","BBC Sussex"=>"
","BBC Tees"=>"
","BBC Three Counties Radio"=>"
","BBC Wiltshire"=>"
","BBC WM 95.6"=>"
","BBC Radio York"=>"
"
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Obviously these station URLs come and go, or move about, a lot of chasing is done for you by

Andy Burns

There is a tendency for the bigger ones to stay put.

But I wanted to export UK TV & the Beeb radio to Africa and Australia....that means a proxy needed to be built, but with fibre in place making my home server accessible across the internet under heavily secured connections seemed like a fun thing to do. And I hate clutter, I don't want half a dozen apps to access books, videos, CDS radio and TV. Just the one. Experience has shown that unless something does everything you want, trying to integrate other shit is in the end just as hard as starting from scratch.

I do use 'tvheadend' as a tv server, but I wrote an interface and a proxy, to secure and centralise access to it.

Its fun sitting in the dentists watching live TV on the mobile... Need to think about i-player...and TV recording next,

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher