Christmas Lights

Since it is a mild day, I figure it would be a good time to take last year's Christmas lights down and get them ready for next season.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Do it standing on your head.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

I tried that once but it HURT, and the size 12 footprints didn't go away for over a week. Can't do it any more because my back and legs are too stiff to get into that position any more - it's a bugger getting old!!

Reply to
clare

don't take um down

Reply to
gnu/linux

Take them down? Novel concept, you must live up north.

Reply to
gfretwell

Oren

Do they work, when mine dont I just keep adding more. Over 20 years some are breaking apart into pieces

Reply to
ransley

Home Depot has a special Sat and Sun only. Bring in a string of lights that does not work anymore, they'll give you a $3 coupon towards any LED christamas lighting. Limit 5 strings of lights. So you can get $15 off a nice set of lights or even a statue or figurine.

Reply to
Mikepier

I gave up Christmas.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

Christmas hasn't gotten here, yet.

Reply to
Oren

On Sat 08 Nov 2008 02:31:32p, Claude Hopper told us...

For what? Lent?

Reply to
Wayne Boatwright

Sanity

Reply to
Pete C.

But there is no Sanity Clause.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

No, I gave up church for lent many years ago.

Reply to
Claude Hopper

I wish there had been a Sanity Clause in my Marriage Contract 'cuz my wife is driving me crazy.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

How does one get a christmas light ready? I'm sure there is answer, but it's going to be interesting to read the Ed Pawlowski version.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You draw up the display plans on you CAD system, then you rent a warehouse bay and start fabricating the framework, installing the animation motors, mounting the lights and testing the controllers. When everything passes testing you carefully dismantle and pack it for transport home.

Reply to
Pete C.

Pretty much what I've been telling my wife for the past 27 years we've lived here. Should be ready soon, but I'm still working on the CAD drawings. No way am I going out in the cold to string lights. She puts a candle in the windows.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

How far does she drive? Does she make progress? Just checking.

Reply to
Oren