BT Broadband - Hows much should I be paying?

I had trouble convincing the Indian call centre droid that I had it. I kept telling her, she kept saying "We'll fix by Friday" (days away). In the end I insisted she talk to her supervisor.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In the 1950s, I can remember friends of my mother's mutttering since a Grid pylon was in one of their fields and they had no mains electricity.

Reply to
charles

I had a colleague whose daughteer used to get back from school and then spend ages on telephone talking to one of her classmates.

Reply to
charles

En el artículo , Huge escribió:

I'm very glad mine is a lady of few words. It means that what she does say bears paying attention to.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Dave Plowman (News) escribió:

Yes. I'm a good haggler. Had to agree to a 24 month contract though

Along with smallpox, polio, leaded petrol and the workhouse, naturally.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Steve Walker escribió:

I could, but can't be arsed. Everything is redirected to gmail and I can pick it up using whatever falls to hand.

Google even claim they're not scanning emails any more. Yeah, right, whatevs.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

No need to pay attention to my Mum any more. She only tells you half of what's going on, but makes up for it by telling you it 2 or 3 times. Mind you, she isn't doing too bad for 85.

Reply to
Huge

First thing to do is to ask for someone who speaks your own language.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

When ADSL first came out, I got ISDN (a business account, at my home) because that's all BT could produce that was faster than a modem.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

One day they're gonna have to lay new cores.

-- =

It's not what you wear. It's how you take it off.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

how crappy and old fashioned and totally lazy of you.

I will laugh when someone hacks your account.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Don't forget those of us whom the networks have not yet seen fit to provide with any mobile signal.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

No, Just prefer the generally consistent sound quality. But perhaps your mobile phone is always perfect?

Other thing is a landline phone is often more comfortable to use as a phone - since that's the only task it is made for. And, of course, that you don't need to keep it about your person at all times.

Next?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

BT Broadband - expensive and terrible service. Change providers, you won't regret it.

Reply to
Mark

IME they always warn about charges if they find fault elsewhere.

Reply to
Mark

Receive is all you need.

Reply to
Mark

Does anyone in a call centre understand the tech, even if they speak English? I don't think so.

Reply to
Mark

+1
Reply to
Mark

Their "area of responsibility" is up to and including the main socket, and the provided router. So very easy to unplug any phones etc that belong to you to check it's definitely their fault.

Reply to
James Wilkinson Sword

Very irritating.

Where my office is there is no FTTC for the row of businesses on that side of the road. Opposite there is FTTC but they're all shops!

Reply to
Mark