Changing my mind with BT Broadband.

I have recently signed up with BT for a broadband connection, which started on the 12th November. Since then, I have not been able to connect to Alexa or Sonos. These facilities were working fine on my previous EE account. Am I still in time to cancel the contract without penalty, as not fit for purpose.

Reply to
Sysadmin

Try reprogramming the alexa and sonos to use the new wifi

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

There is a bug in the BT Smart hub 2 firmware. There have been thousands of complaints.

Reply to
Sysadmin

Buy a better router then

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I have a perfectly good hub but it only runs on EE.

Reply to
Sysadmin

You have a shitty BT router and a shitty EE router. Stop moaning and buy a decent router.

Reply to
mm0fmf

I know.

Reply to
Sysadmin

Junk the Sonos and alexa crap and buy some proper hifi gear ?

Reply to
Andrew

That's not a 'perfectly good 'hub'', then, is it?

My router runs on any ISP

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

'A' bug, I'll bet there are thousands of bugs in it, most of which are probably fairly benign.

Reply to
Chris Green

When you say cannot connect, Have you reset the devices and reconfigured them to work on the new router? I know bt have issues, but their wifi seems to be one of their selling points! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I only know of the security device one that they should turn off to get these devices going. I cannot recall all of it something like btprotect or somesuch in the router.

However I'm not a fan of BT since they seem to grow their customer base but the waits for fixing stuff get worse according to my spies. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

To the original question, I'm sure you can cancel if you want to, its hardly been a week till you got it installed, but unless you go virgin, you will still have to reprogram your wifi. I'm assuming that the phobile Mone still connects to the wifi? Have a look at the alexa and speakers apps it may give some clues. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

yes,yes,yes,I spent all day Sunday on it and it turns out what is required is a firmware update on the BT 'not so' Smart Hub 2 because there is no data link between 5GHz and 2.4GHz bands. Sonos requires setup to be done on a smart phone which in my case is 5GHz, my computer and speakers are

2.4GHz.

BT have confirmed that the firmware update that contains a fix for this original issue has been rolled out to the majority of users. Therefore, we can consider this issue closed.

If your BT Smart Hub 2 router is still running the affected firmware (V0.26.03.01286) then please get in touch with BT directly.

Anyone that still experiences issues on the latest firmware, please create a new topic or get in touch with Sonos Customer Care.

BT have issued a new statement:

?We?re aware that a very small number of customers are experiencing an issue with their BT Smart Hub 2 connecting with multiple streaming devices on their Wi-Fi network. Any customer who experiences this should get in touch with BT who will update their device remotely as soon as possible. BT will be rolling out an update to all devices later this month. We?re sorry for any inconvenience caused.?

Reply to
Sysadmin

If its a WiFi issue, you might be able to turn your old EE router into a WiFi access point, plug it into one of your BT routers ethernet hub ports and turn off WiFi on the BT router.

Alan

Reply to
AlanC

I am going back to EE and have cancelled BT contract.

Reply to
Sysadmin

Err, they are the same company, surely ???. Isn't the kit they hand out the same with a different badge ?.

Reply to
Andrew

It might even be the the same kit with the same functionality, albeit rebadged.

Reply to
Fredxx