What do YOU pay for broadband?

Here. IDNET, fixed IP address. ADSL2+. 6596kbps DOWN 1059kbps UP

Line rental + broadband is £28 + 20% VAT.

£30.80

PAYG phone calls extra on that - usually a couple of quid a month...

Mobile - PAYG as well on 3 Mobile. Generally also a couple of quid a month.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Same here, but not surprising as I am also with Idenet

Reply to
Broadback

Plusnet fixed IP address FTC 72Mbps down, 20Mbps up (this is what I actually get). Broadband + Anytime phone £27.99/mth inc. VAT

Line rental on top £197.88 inc VAT for year.

Mobile 2.5GB data, Unlimited text, unlimited calls £7.00 inc VAT/month

Reply to
Andy Bennet

eh? I make that £33.60

Plusnet, 8 fixed IPs, VDSL2, 79.9Mbps down 19.9Mbps up Line rental £19/m, broadband £21/m (inc VAT)

It's been a while since I played through the "I might leave, why not give me some discount" routine, I see the website is currently offering me £8/m discount if I renew for 18 months, which I ought to do, so then it'd be £32/month, I should also renew the line rental saver which would effectively cut it to £29.50/m

I have more minutes on the mobile than I can shake a stick at, so don't pay to have another bundle on the landline.

I did have Plusnet SIM only, but left because they don't support SMS to short codes (such as banks).

Reply to
Andy Burns

Also IDNet, but I'm £39.6 per month (paid yearly) for 55/10 FTTC Unlimited.

I hadn't realised IDNet was so popular. In fact I never really think about them at all, which I guess is a sign of good service.

Mobile PAYG GiffGaff £5 a month bundle 500MB data and 150 minutes.

Reply to
Paul Welsh

Equivalent to £16.50 / month inc VAT, EE. That was an 18 month contract with a gift card on signing up, which I've taken into account (and meant free Ebay for most of last year).

Download Speed (Mbps): 15.36. Upload Speed (Mbps) : 0.83 Ping Latency (ms): 642

Not sure why that upload speed is so low, but BTWholesale speed checker says it is.

All chargeable outgoing calls via Sipgate at 1.2p/min

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

In message <q5e991$ntc$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, The Natural Philosopher snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid writes

Zen, about 50pm for land line, most phone calls (not to mobiles), FTTC broadband with unlimited usage and a UK based helpline who talk English and do actually help. Nominal download 76 Mbps but can hit 100+ hard wired. Actual usage (teenager in house!) usually 5-600GB per month downloaded, but has been over 1000GB without a word from Zen.

Reply to
Graeme

Were I to continue my Vodafone FTTC 40/10 service it would cost me £21pm. No calls as I use VOIP. As it is I plan to move to Plusnet which with LRS works out a few quid cheaper for the 18 month contract. My lines syncs at 40mbps as I am not to far from the cabinet but to far to get much benefit from a 80/20 service.

Elsewhere I pay £41.30 for a Gigaclear fibre service where I expect speed tests to run at 500mbps down and up. Again I use VOIP.

Reply to
Michael Chare

I have 200 MB/s down and 10 MB/s down on virgin media broadband for £45 a month. This is without a phone line or cable TV package.

I also have a contract 4g broadband as back up and that gives me 40 MB/s both ways and 100GB data per month for 20 quid monthly with unlimited text messaging and unlimited voice calls.

Reply to
stephenten

Plusnet FTTC 40/10 £4.65 pm (actually £7.15 pm but I save £2.50 pm on referral discount); £197.88 for line rental saver to include evening and weekend calls. So £21.14 pm.

Smarty mobile: unlimited calls, unlimited texts, 1GB data, £6.25 pm. The deal includes 3 free months and a £10 Amazon voucher if we stay 12 months. So, effectively, £3.85 pm. They've said they will continue with EU roaming on deal or no-deal.

In message <q5e991$ntc$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, The Natural Philosopher snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid writes

OK, for Plusnet Unlimited Fibre Plus, line rental and free phone call package, I'm paying £47.25 pm. Son has the same, but without the free phone package for about £37 per month. This makes his discount about £3 pm.

This is the 66/20Mbps rate, and I'm getting, measured via the wifi here

40/17. This seems pretty consistent.

I paid nothing to get a static IP address. I see this now has a one-off fee of £5.

Neither son or I have had any complaints about the actual service, and we have talked to fine Yorkshiremen, him for his price cut, me for one phone fault. My drop wire runs through next door's huge tree.

I do "support" other old friends and they have almost all had ISP problems. One friend is pretty deaf, and I have to go and see him when he has faults to act as interpreter for the Indian on the line. Last time that was with Virgin, but I have talked to TalkTalk, Sky and others at his house as he has become increasingly disillusioned over the years. Virgin is better than his earlier ones.

Reply to
Bill

'broadband', well let's call it internet, it's fast enough for me and it works, which makes it as good if not better than the landlines my neighbours complain about: Three Mobile data, 40gb/month for £14.

Voice phone, Tesco mobile PAYG, maybe a £10 top up once or twice a year.

Reply to
DJC

VM cable BB (was CableTel > NTL World) £35.74 pm for ~20D/2U

I've not clicked for a 'free speed upgrade' for a while as I'm happy with the speed but not the ever increasing price.

Time to give them another call methinks ...

Still have a BT LL and it was down for a few days lately but because

*we* use it infrequently (some use it to call us though) I didn't even get round to reporting it for a few days. ;-(

We still have 18185 but most of the call costs are from my Mum (also on our account). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Well I just had a visitation from the broadband fairy, and have finally managed to upgrade from a pair of ADSL2 running at a whopping 1.6M/600K, to FTTP 160M/30M, which it is fair to say is "better" :-))

FTTP on its own with IDNet 51.60/month inc VAT

Landline phone (no BB on that line now) with IDNet, unlimited calls and call divert etc £17.35 inc VAT/month

Landline phone, Evening / WE calls + call divert and ADSL2 unlimited BB with plusnet £29.73 inc VAT/month (actually 32.48, but I get a few referral discounts)

(all static IP)

Some call charges (mostly to mobiles) might also get added on to the above - typically about £10/month on the business line. National calls normally free with the bundle)

I normally do a £5 giffgaff "goodie bag" which covers all my usage (150 mins, 500 txts, 500MB)

Actually looking at the numbers I could probably save £10/month by using the mobile for most of the calls to mobiles - since they would come out of the bundle...

Reply to
John Rumm

so total is £44.48 per month - OK if you are naking the phone calls I guess.

Again OK if you use it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher was thinking very hard :

Plusnet a negotiated deal for FTTC fibre /copper £30.48

That includes... broadband 40Mbs Line unlimited free UK calls of upto 1 hour per call

2000 minutes of free calls to mobile numbers email caller ID
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Is that up to speeds, and do you get them? Often also I find that offers tend to expire. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On the mobile you seem to be doing well. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes Mine in Virgin is just over the 50 quid but that is because I get so called free calls on the land line any time of day and to mobiles I suppose. I'd rather do it this way as I worked it out that since nearly everyone I want to talk to uses their mobile it world otherwise cost even more. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

£47.50* per month with VM for cable internet + landline phone

100/5 (tbbx 65) unlimited usage unlimited anytime calls to 01/02/03/08 unlimited calls to Virgin Mobile caller ID email servers Usenet servers (including binaries) low latency/contention

  • but about to fall to £37.50 following their mishandling of a complaint over packet loss over Xmas that most people wouldn't have noticed :)
Reply to
Robin