Strange alarm behaviour

Hi All

Started a new thread as I now have a specific issue

As mentioned on the earlier thread I have replaced one of my alarm sensors with a Honeywell DT8016F5 to my Honeywell Galaxy series 2 alarm system.

Coming out of engineer mode continually detects a tamper on the new detecto r. It has a 1k resistor for the tamper and the dip switches set to 1k. Afte r a lot of trial and error I discovered that setting all tamper resister di p switches to "off" (previously the 1k switch was "on") seems to resolve th e problems.

I have tried calling Honeywell tech support but they are only open Monday t o Friday.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Lee.

Reply to
leenowell

I don't have any of that model, but the spec sheet says it has inbuilt resistors, as you've set the jumpers for 1K, do you need any external ones?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Ah... So the fitting instructions are particularly rubbish. Lots of pictures that don't make too much sense.

The wiring picture has RT and Ra depicted across sets of terminals so I have fitted the 1k ones from the old one across these terminals as shown in the picture and left the switches set at 1k to denote what resistor value I have used.

Judging by your comment if it does have inbuilt resistors should I set both to 1k and remove the resistors I added?

Reply to
leenowell

I could only see a low resolution data sheet, on their website, which provides zero clues.

I would think so, your resistors are likely ending up paralleled with the on-board ones selected by DIP switch, and causing wrong value to be seen by the panel.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Thanks Andy for your help. I tried searching online for the installation ma nual so I could send you the link but stumbled across a manual for a differ ent model which seemed to suggest all switches off means use my own resisto r otherwise use the switches for the onboard one. So suspect your instinct was right. Will give it a try when I get back and post results. .thanks again

Lee.

Reply to
leenowell

Hi Andy

Just wanted a huge thank you for your help. I would never have thought of that. Removed the resistors and set it back to 1k and it works a treat.

Thanks

Lee.

Reply to
leenowell

Great, now hope your spiders don't run fast enough to trigger the Doppler sensor

Reply to
Andy Burns

Noisy resistor or cable intermittent in some way, or even condensation, though less likely this time of year.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff