windows 10 strange behaviour

Left my computer switched on when I went to watch a bit of TV. About an hour later I heard sounds coming from my office and went to investigate. The computer was playing the last utube video I had been watching. I powered the computer down and went to bed. When I switched the computer on this morning the damned thing started playing the same video again and at this point I had not logged on! anyone got any idea as to what's going on?

Iain

Reply to
Iain

Mine does that.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Although you might select only the one Youtube clip to play, without you being aware of it, it may be part of a selection of say ten or twenty clips posted together as a group, which will play automatically and repeat until you select another clip or close Youtube. This often happens with clips, links to which are posted on here or on websites etc Presumbly the clip you were playing was much louder than the intermediate clips which you didn't hear.

When you put the machine in standbye i.e power it down and then wake it up again its not normally necessary* to log on and off, although you may be given that choice. In this case presumbly you didn't log off whereas normally you do.

michael adams

May be *OS dependant

,..

Reply to
michael adams

Well it should not. Nobody should set it that way but I guess you could have some kind of corrupted files. Best do a restore to before it started and see what that does. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well what does he expect if he watches Groundhog day? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Its by design. When you sleep the PC the browser is dormant. When it comes alive it simply (re)loads the old webpage.

Reply to
Fredxx

I suspect that whilst you felt that you had powered it down, it had actually gone to sleep. I keep finding people who think they restart their computers every night, or at least regularly, yet the last reboot date is weeks or months ago.

In Power Options you will likely find that using power button is set to send it to sleep. This applies both to the physical power button AND the on-screen power-off.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

Not in this case. The PC was powered down. I usually, out of habit, let it go to sleep overnight and only power down when nesessary. A habit from when chips were in sockets and frequent power cycling tended to make the chips walk out of the sockets.

Iain

Reply to
Iain