Cheaper ...

... than Screwfix, and a free baby one too!

Now to decide which tools go where.

(Thinks; spanners could go back in concertina metal box and use the tray they're presently in to carry to jobs. What I *really* need is a fitter's mate - the job I used to do at WD & HO Wills factory in Bedminster, Bristol, (now a shopping centre) during summer vacations.)

Reply to
Huge

En el artículo , Huge escribió:

Perfect, thank you for that. My 30-mumble year old plastic toolbox is just about on its last legs, and this is just the ticket for a replacement.

Ordered.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Rule 1 is no toolbox is ever large enough. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Rule 2. Split the load between two boxes.

Reply to
charles

Rule 3. The tool you want is in the other box.

Rule 4. No - you've left it on the bench.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Welcome.

My metal concertina one is so full I have to half-empty it to find anything.

Reply to
Huge

that will be due to lack of use ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I now have three (four if you count the tray of spanners), so I now have to decide how to split up the tools.

Reply to
Huge

2 toolboxes wouldn't even begin to cut it. Toolboxes are really only for people that don't have many tools.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I used to use WD & HO Wills tobacco tins to organise my screws, nails, drills etc, and then checked everything in a canvas bag.

Reply to
Caecilius

I still do. I worked there in summer vacations from 1973 through 1975 and still have a number of Golden Virginia Hand Rolling Tobacco tins left from then. They're very, very useful for small bits and pieces. (Oh, and I've never smoked...)

Reply to
Huge

Used either Exmoor Hunt or Gold Block tins, but the supply of those ceased in 1988. Tools, on the other hand, tend to need slightly bigger containers.

Reply to
charles

or people who do jobs other than at home.

Reply to
charles

I have loads of tobacco tins that I use for small bits. I have never smoked. All obtained from SWMBO from the days when she smoked a pipe.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I've never found toolboxes good for that. Not enough space, hard & pointy & unnecessarily heavy once loaded (for a large metal multilayer one). The only time I found one worked well enough was to carry car tools around in case of trouble.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

+1, I must have about 20. That's not counting the boxes of screws, nuts & bolts, etc. I must count them some time....
Reply to
newshound

At least one of mine goes back to my grandfather who died in 1955. It's a cylindrical Players Navy Cut Medium, which lives here in the office because it doesn't stack nicely like the 2 ounce rectangular ones. Others came from my father.

Reply to
newshound

I;ve always found thast the tool I want to use is in the other toolbox which is further way or can't currently be found.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I've always found thast the tool I want to use is in the other toolbox which is further way or can't currently be found.

Reply to
whisky-dave

No, you *think* it's in the furthest away toolbox, but after you've been and checked, it turns out it was hiding behind the toolbox that was under your nose to start with.

Reply to
Andy Burns