Cheaper ...

En el artículo , Steve Walker escribió:

uk.comp.homebuilt is that way ---------------->

a fount of knowledge.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Andy Burns escribió:

quite so.

A line has to be drawn. Where that line is is an individual choice.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

or whether you fancy the bloke or not ? ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Why does it have to be a bloke ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

some people don't like gurls ......they are gay .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Some people don't like dogs either. But nothing to do with sex. Hopefully.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

what has dugs got to do with it? ....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Girls like gay people and a lot of gays like girls.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Some prefer bithces, the rappers do.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Found similar attitudes when I was fairly good at fixing simple mechanical issues on the sort of cars 20 year olds ran in the 70's. Nothing too elaborate , brake linings, clutch cables , dynamo swaps etc though for one good mate I went as far as dismantling an engine , getting the crank ground for new bearings and a re bore and reassembly. The number of shirts and trousers I ruined because of " can you have a quick look " while not being prepared for it. I stopped doing so abruptly when an acquaintance of a mate came around and to the mates house having spotted my car outside and asked if I could see what was making the funny noise. It was a worn fan belt slipping, the owner went to get one and on return having noticed he had a set of virgin spanners in the boot I asked for them as mine were at home. Rather you didn't he said , you might get them oily, yes said his girlfriend you always seem to be wearing scruffy clothes " My Graham is always clean and smart ". "He can do it himself or pay a garage" then I said as I closed the bonnet.

It was timing as much anything, they only saw me at the pub after lunch on the Saturday where what ever mate I had been helping in he morning said" come on lets go for a pint", so I was usually seen before the deep clean of nails etc.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg