Bosch washing machine error code

Our Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express WFX2467 washing machine has come to halt mid-cycle showing an error code F04. It won't restart and the display now shows an image of a key.
Anyone with any thoughts on what F04 might mean?
TIA.
--
Frank
On 24/07/2006 20:44 F wrote:

Hmmm. Further investigation shows it means 'half a dozen curtain hooks stuck in the drain impeller'.
The Operator (AKA Management) says it's never happened before...
--
Frank

Ahh, did it happen to mention the fault code for two and a half bra wires in the impeller or is it a generic type of code?
--
Clint Sharp

On 25/07/2006 19:04 Clint Sharp wrote:

36B?
--
Frank

36B wouldn't be likely to be wired.
--
Skipweasel

Depends.
It certainly is in Silicone Valley.
Clint Sharp wrote:

Dear Clint Please help. I know what F04 is but I can't get the wretched pump cap to come off to see what is lurking in there. I have tried turning it and pulling it but it won't budge. Can you help me. Ann Ingle
On 28/07/2006 07:24 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Just unscrew it anti-clockwise. You may wish to check first that the machine is empty of water: pull out the flexible tube just to the left of the drain impeller cap and pull the rubber plug out of the end whilst holding it over a bowl.
--
Frank
No, once the pump cover won't come out it won't come out and you end up buying a new pump and housing (you can't get just the housing). I know :o(
F wrote:

According to the manual supplied with the machine ( https://portal.bsh-partner.com/portal (bD1kZSZjPTAwOQ==)/PORTALFRAME.HTM )
F04 - Loose debris is blocking the pump - Cleaning the drain Pump refer to Page 42. F04 - Drainage pipe and/or drainage hose blocked - Clean drainage pipe and/or drainage hose
On 26/07/2006 09:35 Woby Tide wrote:

Thanks for that! All of the paperwork for the machine appears to have gone walkabout...
--
Frank