F H error on a new Whirlpool Duet Washing Machine

I've just installed my new Whirlpool Duet 9400 Washing Machine. When I ran the first load (about a half a load really) on Normal/Casual setting, it "pinged" with an "F" "H" error after 2 minutes into the cycle. I looked this up, and it means there is no water, or insufficient water. When I reset and pulled the cloths, they were sopping wet, and there was water in the machine. I checked the hoses, no kinks, no dirt in the inlet screens, and the water pressure is very strong (enough to flood the garage in just a few seconds :)). Has anyone else see this error on a new machine? Does anyone know if there is something simple I can try on the machine instead of waiting 2 days for repairs? Thanks! kl

Reply to
KL

Sounds like one of the sensors is bad. We've had an F9 a few times, but that's about it. I wknow it's a pain, but i would wait for the repair guy to come out. If you start "digging around" you may void your warranty.

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Take the clothes out, and run a load, watching for basic elements of the cycle. Does it fill? Does it drain? I would imagine that your problem lies in one of these issues. If you had debris in your pipes, it could have clogged your fill valve the very first time you used it. Or if it is not draining, you may have gotten something stuck in the pump (easy fix: remove 3 screws holding bottom panel on, unscrew pump strainer cover and see if there is a garment stuck around there. But be careful...water will gush out at you nonstop if you don't have an extra hand pinching off the water to the pump).

Reply to
nospamtodd

Hi,

The water syphoning out? Drain hose too low?

A copy:

F/H No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected.

If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.

Or

If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display. If there is no water in the unit:

  1. Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
  2. Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
  3. Verify inlet valve operation If there is water in the unit:
  4. Verify Drain pump operation
  5. Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch Verify there is not a siphon problem Verify wire harness connections to:Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU) Check all hoses for possible leaks Verify pressure switch operation

Verify flow meter operation Verify CCU operation

Don't get too deep into the washer itself and void your warranty!

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

Thanks for the great response!

Repair folks came out on monday. After checking water flow, inlet, drain, he found faulty power at the inlet valve. He tryied to reseat the connectors at the CCU, but it still did not work. He said he's have to order a new CCU, new flow meter, and new drain pump. Will take

10days (urrr). I'll call the appliance shop today to see if I can get a replacement. This was a brand-new unit, I never used it except to test it after plugging it in.

KL

Appliance Repair Aid wrote:

Reply to
KL

Absolutely demand a new unit.

I'm on the fourth unit sent to my house to replace my new LG washer and it's still a noisy SOB. Home Depot has been great about trying to provide a good machine but this has been a big mess.

When I get my book completed on my problems, I'll post it here.

Reply to
Wes Stewart

Just to close out the thread, University Electric in Santa Clara was great about replacing the unit the next day (2/2), it installed fine and has been working ever since. Thanks again for the group response.

Reply to
KL