Bosch washing machine problem

Our Bosch Exxcel 1200 express washing machine won't run.
The display shows the dotted bar extending right across it. The key symbol, 1200 and -0- are also displayed.
With the programme selection dial set to 60 the key symbol is steady but set to anything else it flashes. The door, so far as I can see, is fully closed.
Anyone any ideas? Could the wire to the lock mechanism, for example, have become dislodged?
TIA
--
Frank

Try http://www.ukwhitegoods.co.uk
I have found good advice on repair of washing machines/dishwashers etc. there.
On 17/04/2007 11:11 Mark wrote:

Thanks: given it a try.
--
Frank
On 16/04/2007 12:18 F wrote:

For the benefit of anyone else having this problem, the answer is to hold down the Start button for four seconds.
So easy...
--
Frank

What does this do please?

On Apr 17, 4:33 pm, "Tim Morley" <tim.morley*REMOVE

It sounds a bit like a child-lock. You can perhaps lock a programme against unwanted fiddling, and this is reset by holding in the start button ?
I'd guess there might be some clues in the instruction manual.