Bosch washing machine problem

Our Bosch Exxcel 1200 express washing machine won't run.

The display shows the dotted bar extending right across it. The key symbol, 1200 and -0- are also displayed.

With the programme selection dial set to 60 the key symbol is steady but set to anything else it flashes. The door, so far as I can see, is fully closed.

Anyone any ideas? Could the wire to the lock mechanism, for example, have become dislodged?

TIA

Try

have found good advice on repair of washing machines/dishwashers etc. there.

Mark

For the benefit of anyone else having this problem, the answer is to hold down the Start button for four seconds.

So easy...

What does this do please?

Reply to
Tim Morley

It sounds a bit like a child-lock. You can perhaps lock a programme against unwanted fiddling, and this is reset by holding in the start button ?

I'd guess there might be some clues in the instruction manual.

Reply to
John Laird