Beko washing machines

Our washing machine is quite a long way past its best, and there's a new leak that is going to be more trouble than it's worth to repair.
Beko washing machines are fairly cheap and Which? seems to rate them well.
Are they a good buy?
Anything to avoid at all costs?
Daniele
--
The Laugharne Weekend
A three-day festival of literature, music and more,
On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:36:07 +0000, D.M. Procida wrote:

We got one a while ago and, touch wood, it's working well. Quite quiet too. One of my sons also got one. I thought there was trouble with the emptying pump (there wasn't) and was pleased to see that it was easy to get at and apparently quite well made.
--
Mick (Working in a M$-free zone!)
Web: http://www.nascom.info

We bought one following good Which reports. It has been fine for about 6 months now.
Mike
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mar 27, 2:36 pm, snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) wrote:

Beko stuff seems to be at the better end of "I really can't afford anything else". However if you _can_ afford more, the long-term deal is likely to be better by paying a bit more up front.
I love the new LG we bought a few months ago. _Amazingly_ quiet (direct drive motor) and the innnards look well thought out. £300 from a web dealer in Birmingham, cheap delivery within a few days (we're not far from you). http://www.electrocentreltd.com /
Comet Clearance is always worth a look too.
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article <a3dd8144-da30-4d04-8d36-
says...

Once bitten, twice shy. I will never darken Comet's doors again.

βœ–
On 27 Mar,

Last thing we bought there (dishwasher) did /not/ have the manufacturer's warranty, but comet in house warranty. We had to get Comet to fix it, which took several visits (and eventually an exchange machine) by someone completely unfamiliar with dishwashers (he fixed washing machines). He also ruined the floorcovering (which Comet did reimburse for replacement).
We steer cleer now.
--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply

<snip woe>

Works for us! They really are the pits - and this was nearly twelve years ago.

βœ–

Ditto.
Add pictures here
βœ–

They do seem to have pissed off a lot of people.

βœ–
On Mar 27, 2:36 pm, snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) wrote:

Bosch aren't expensive, but give better life expectancy
NT
Add pictures here
βœ–

We are looking for a good basic but reliable 6kg machine - it was going to be a Miele but have discovered that they only do right hand hinged doors and due to room layout we must have left hand hinged. Is Bosch the next best? Someone suggested John Lewis badged machines as being quite good and they come with a 3 year guarantee.
--
rbel

Add pictures here
βœ–

We had a Beko dishwasher. It went wrong, only about 2 and half years old. Took ages to get a new spare part. Then it turned out to be the wrong part. We bought a new Bosch instead.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I don't think Bosch qualifies as number 2. You might want to check out ISE, they're aiming at a simlar market to Miele, and give guarantees upto 10 years. I've no experience of them myself. http://shop.ukwhitegoods.co.uk/index.php?cPath=118
NT
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 27/03/2011 in message
D.M. Procida wrote:

My Beko Wm6143W has been in use for nearly 6 months, no problems. If you can get a 1600 spin speed I think it would be worthwhile, the 1400 on mine is OK but a bit faster would be better.
--
Jeff Gaines Wiltshire UK
You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks

FWIW the usual advice is to stay well away from high spin speeds on low end brands.
NT
Add pictures here
βœ–
In article
snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) wrote:

Dunno about washing machines but their 700mm-wide fridge-freezer has proved excellent.
--
Tim

βœ–

Thanks, the replies have been really helpful.
Bosch sounds like a nice safe way to go, though I have found their product lines extraordinarily hard to understand.
<http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/our-products/washers-and-dryers/washing-mac hines/freestanding.html>
Logixx, Exxcel, Avantixx, Classixx - I'm sure it's gratuitous product differentation entirely driven by marketing.
My girlfriend says we need to have one on which the temperature can be adjusted independently of the program, but how you work that out from the descriptions is beyond me.
Daniele
--
The Laugharne Weekend
A three-day festival of literature, music and more,
βœ–
In article
snipped-for-privacy@apple-juice.co.uk (D.M. Procida) wrote:

Your g/f is dead right. My Bosch WFK 5730 can do that, and has for the last 16 years.
--
Tim

βœ–
In message

We recently had to go through the exercise of replacing our Bosch washing machine which developed motor and pump problems after only 3 years. Given the estimated costs of replacing it we opted to replace the thing and after much head scratching and research we chose the LG.
Direct Drive motor with 10 year guarantee, really good reviews and it runs so quietly it's a job to tell it's on at times.
--
James Noble

Add pictures here
βœ–
In message <1jyyr71.1i06jhq12ccj9lN%real-not-anti-spam-address@apple- juice.co.uk> on Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:25:30 +0100

My wife swears by our Bosch Exxcel 7 Express 1200 (WAE 24467UK) and says it's the best washing machine she's ever used and yes, you can adjust the temperature independently of the programme.
I think there are a couple of exceptions - things like the silk and wool programmes but even I know that you wouldn't want to run these at 90Β°C!
It's getting on for 3 years old, so you may need to look for a more recent replacement.
Since we got a new condensing tumble drier a couple of months ago, we now have a Bosch drier, washing machine and (slimline) dishwasher - and my wife is delighted with all three.
--

Terry

Add pictures here
βœ–