Bosch washing machine problem

Hi folks, Bosch Classixx 1200 washing machine, model WFL2462, 10 years old, sometimes just stops mid-cycle or continues but very slowly or intermittently. Sometimes when you turn it on by selecting a wash cycle the "Ready" LED doesn't come on at all, or does belatedly. When the machine tries to start up again after a failure it often cycles as shown in the following short video clip:

time ago I removed the control panel and cleaned up the rotary switch contacts (they were very dirty) but I don't think this made any difference. The problem has just got worse now the weather's got warmer, so it may be temperature-related. Any domestic appliance wizards out there who can help me with this? TIA, David.

Reply to
Dave N

When I had similar problems with similar age Bosch machine it turned out to be main motor brushes. "Branded" ones not cheap, unbranded via ebay or google worked fine for me.

Not too difficult to replace, I think I had to remove the motor.

Reply to
newshound

Don't know if it applies to yours, but one common problem on these is when the heater element fails, it can block or greatly extend the wash programs since it gets into a state where it expects and event that never happens.

Its easy enough to test the heater, have a look at:

John Rumm

I have in the past found some helpful ones at

For your current problem the appropriate way in looks to be

Robin

I've even seen the pcb kind of getting v apourised around joints for components. Often due to escessive current from the relay or motors.

Often when they get to this sort of state you fix one thing and another bit drops off!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

After 10 years I'd expect the brushes to be close to worn out so defintely worth checking.

A bit fiddly IIRC.

Reply to
Mark

Take a look at the filter. My bastard of a Hotpoint would not work last night; the filter had a colour catcher stuck in it.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

It was the colour catcher ...

Reply to