Black & Decker KC9036 Cordless Screwdriver Charger Voltage/Polarity?

It's also a bit because back when NiCd were standard many tools had 'C' sized cells so the power/capacity *was* directly related to the voltage. So, for example, a 12v tool had 8 x C cells and an 18v one had 12 x C cells.

Reply to
Chris Green

Get someone to explain the concept of gearing to you one day...

Reply to
John Rumm

The same applies now - most LiIon packs are made up from a common cell size, so more volts means higher energy density, and hence longer run time or higher performance.

Reply to
John Rumm

replying to CM, Brian wrote: I now have the same problem (lost charger). The pictures of the original psu for the KC9036 show the output as 5VAC. I can't see one available anywhere. Will a 5VDC charger work?

Reply to
Brian

unlikely. Typically to replace a 5v ac supply you'd need 7v dc.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Can I assume that there is a rectifier circuit in the screwdriver and that the dc (7v) charger will work ?

Reply to
wardshome.bw

pretty much. Can't guarantee it will though.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Thanks, I'll have a give it a go!

Reply to
wardshome.bw

center pin positive and outer negative. I used a multi-selection charger as the original one has failed.

Reply to
sreeni