Black decker cordless drill charger

My cord broke. Just need to know which is hot and neutral on circuit board

Reply to
Jim

That link did not lead to a photo but if both tines on the plug are the same size, then it does not matter.

Reply to
philo

Jim-

B&D makes a lot of different cordless drills. Mine has a PS1MVC Multi-Voltage NiCd Charger, 8.4 up to 14.4V.

Its power cord has a Neutral "wide prong" wire with a ridge, and a hot "narrow prong" wire that is smooth. The Neutral is connected to the corner of the circuit board. The hot is connected about a half inch away next to a soldered-in ceramic fuse.

Even if yours is a different model, this configuration may tell you what you need to know.

Fred

Reply to
Fred McKenzie

I doubt they manufacture much of anything in their own factories any more. They just slap their elegantly designed labels on cheap stuff built by contract manufacturers, nearly all in China.

They, like a lot of other "old school" companies have become nothing but brand marketing outfits capitalizing on long term memories of when they used to design and build top notch stuff back in the day.

Reply to
Earl Grey