3.6v Cordless Screwdriver at Wickes

Went in Wickes today, and noticed they had a 3.6v Cordless Screwdriver with Lithium Ion battery and a 3 year guarantee for 15 (originally 30).
Is 3.6v useless, or does it not depend on the voltage.
Picked up a catalogue, and noticed these are not in it.
On 22 Aug, 18:44, snipped-for-privacy@anyone.plus.com(Paul S) wrote:

I suspect these might well be very similar to those from Lidl/Aldi (can't remember which!). These are around a tenner and their main advantage is lightness and a torque that is enough for small screws without stripping them out.
On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:08:58 -0700 (PDT), robgraham wrote:

Lidl - about 13 last Autumn. Limited use, but mine was very handy yesterday for replacing screws in a situation tha would have been awkward with a manual 'driver and impossible with a 'bent' driver. If the Wickes' one can be straightened out and has gearing that locks rotation it'll be about the same as Lidl's.
As I was using no.8x" screws, the limited torque was good, but a pilot hole would be necessary even for these.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
S) wrote:

Sounds similar to B&D one for under 8 in Sainsburys today; managed to resist
Paul S wrote:

Can be useful for things like flat pack assembly, depends on the torque it produces - which isn't mentioned on the web site. No separate battery is a downside.
Cheap enough though, handy thing to have for DIY.
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
The Medway Handyman wrote:

So, if I wanted this for say, screwing down loft boards into joists, this wouldn't have enough torque for 1.5inch screws with a pilot hole in the joist.

It might do a couple. Slowly.
That's a job for a real driver - or even better, an impact driver.
Darren
D.M.Chapman wrote:

Agreed. I use these for smaller jobs, 14.4v for bigger - like loft boards.
http://www.makitauk.com/index.php?special=product_detail_popup&pid 04&catid http://www.makitauk.com/index.php?special=product_detail_popup&pid 64&catid
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
On Aug 22, 6:44pm, snipped-for-privacy@anyone.plus.com(Paul S) wrote:

No experience with the li-ion ones, but 'screwdriver' normally means something that's too weak and too slow to be called a drill. Handy for appliance screws, and maybe adequate if your total diy consists of putting a curtain rail up or some such once every 6 months.
NT