Battery for WorkZone 3.6V cordless screwdriver?

My WorkZone screwdriver has been left unused for about a year and now has no battery power. The charger still makes the led glow, but charging for a long time doesn't result in any charge. I assume that the batter is dead.

I took it apart today and the battery is labelled C18500P 3.6V LiIon. It is wrapped in greased paper and has soldered tags which connect to the electronics. I've put it all back together to make sure bits don't get lost, but this may have been premature!

I can't seem to find any reference to the battery except for batterycity.co.uk. Battery is listed as £5.95 including VAT. However shipping is listed as 9.95 Euros.

As you can buy a replacement (not WorkZone) for around £20 a DIY repair doesn't seem to make economic sense.

Anyone know a good battery supplier in the UK who may not be top of the hit list on Google?

I assume that the battery designation is obscure because there are just no hits.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts
<snip>

I think it's the famous 18650's baby brother. ;-)

<snip>

This one any good. ;-)

[183498421642]

The thing is, whilst some things might not, I think we should start also considering what 'waste' would be generated by *not* fixing these things?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yes but the battery is bound to be the most toxic waste part, Unless something can be salvaged from it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Sure, but better just that than all of it eh. ;-)

REDUCE, reuse, recycle.

And we better start finding good ways to recycle these batteries, considering how much we will be relying on them in the (near?) future.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m