SKIL TWIST SCREWDriver battery - disassembly help

The battery pack for my SKIL Twist Cordless Screw Driver is dead. Measures 4.3 volts but will not accept a charge.

I want to replace the NiCd cells myself. However, I need help that explains how to open the battery pack and change the 3 NiCd cells.

This is a model 2207 3.6v unit. The battery part number is 92940 Flex Charge Battery.

Thanks, Dave_s

Reply to
Dave_s

The battery pack for my SKIL Twist Cordless Screw Driver is dead. Measures 4.3 volts but will not accept a charge.

I want to replace the NiCd cells myself. However, I need help that explains how to open the battery pack and change the 3 NiCd cells.

This is a model 2207 3.6v unit. The battery part number is 92940 Flex Charge Battery.

Thanks, Dave_s

Reply to
Dave_s

The one time I took apart a battery screw driver, it wasn't at all dificult to figure out. Please be sure to check prices on the entire unit before ordering the battery. Sadly, it's often cheaper to replace the entire thing. I'd save the old one for parts. The new one might get a bad switch, or charge plug.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

The unit has 3, 1.2v batteries which at full charge should have about

4v, so how you get 4.3v and the unit wont even run is a mystery, you have a different problem,and its a Skill so im not suprised.
Reply to
ransley

I'll remeasure the no load voltage with my more trust worthy FLUKE DVM. First measurement was made with a low cost 3 1/2 digit DVM.

Still need info to help open the battery pack case to remove and replace the 3 1.2volt cells. There must be a way to open the case so case can be reloaded and used again.

Any info on what the two metal contacts connect to internally that I see on the fully assembled drill? They measure 0.5 volts until switch is pushed. Then measure zero volts.

Some one else suggested that the NiCd cells are dried out which is causing them to not be able to deliver needed current under load?

Dave_s

Reply to
Dave_s

I did remeasure the battery pack with my FLUKE 4 1/2 digit DVM. At no load, the total three cell voltage is 4.034 volts. The only single cell I could access measured 1.34 volts at no load.

Still need help. Dave_s

Reply to
Dave_s

st worthy FLUKE

nnect to internally that

ed out which is

with my FLUKE 4 1/2 digit DVM.

PRIMECELL.COM rebuilds battery packs very affordably. They often have more capacity than your old battery when it was brand new.

they weld rather than solder the straps to the cells, soldering can damage you new cells.

primecell costs not much more than my just buying the cells individually, they are well worth the money.

my battery pack came back sparling they must of buffed it, it looked brand new.

Reply to
hallerb

How do i open the 2107 model cordless drill to get to the nc batteries

Reply to
lorenzoparker338