Cordless Screwdriver

Further to my thread about these several days ago I thought I'd make people aware of the following which seemed to be too good a deal for me to pass up on.

Homebase in Bracknell currently have a cordless screwdriver on offer at £1.79 (that's less than 2 quid in case you think I've mistyped the decimal point). They are high up on a shelf at the back of the store, above the section where you buy plastic cases for tools etc. I presume that other Homebase stores might also have these available.

Cheap and cheerful 2.4V jobbie which doesn't allow the handle to be swapped around (in other words this is a long thin stick about 12in long so it won't fit into tight corners - forward and reverse, it comes with a charger - and for £1.79 it's worth buying it for the charger unit which could be used elsewhere! Might be worth buying half a dozen in case you think it might not be reliable :)

Henry Ford principle applies - any colour so long as it's blue.

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

Hmm, seems far too good to be true!

Will pop down to my nearest one and buy the lot if it isn't!

..eBay here I come ;)

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

PoP wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You don't mention if ther's an autolock like the B&D; it's the most important thing, I got a cheap one to replace my B&D but when it runs out of grunt and I try to use it as an ordinary screwdriver by twisting the handle the bit just spins.

So I binned it; still looking for a replacement for my battered old thing, but I'm not paying their prices, they must be the only tool that's gone UP

mike r

Reply to
mike ring

[T] So, at +AKM-1.79 you have 10 of them charged and ready in your toolbox for less than the price of a 'better' one (that was a joke by the way ..) ;-)
[T] Whilst in Homebase buying my +AKM-1.79 cordless screwdriver this morning I noticed a B&D one with a lock at the nose (I'm not sure about autolock) for +AKM-14.99 (down from +AKM-19.99)?

All the best ...

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Well, apparently it is true!

Orpington Homebase only *had* 3!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

I popped into Bracknell Homebase again this afternoon, and there were none left on display! Yesterday there must have been 20 on display! Hot cakes comes to mind!

Homebase seem to do some good deals occasionally. A few months ago I bought a cheapo folding workbench - it was completely plastic but ideal for chucking in the back of the car. Cost me £19.99.

I decided I needed two of these for doing long worktops and doors. Went back a week later, they had been reduced to £14.99, so for £35 outlay I had two useful workbenches which I carry around when I've got a routing job. Recently that same plastic workbench was £29.99 - I guess Homebase realised they were onto a good thing :)

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

In article , PoP writes

Check out the DeWalt 7.2V one! It's a workhorse but has good torque control for even fine screws in sheet metal.

60 odd pounds.

There's a slight difference - £1.79 for a Homebase jobbie compared with £60 for a decent badged product.

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

This isn't you on eBay is it?

the best .. ;-)