Noisy tap

Hi

I've just replaced my utility room basin and tap and find that the cold tap (fed with mains pressure) is very noisy, especially when half open. Its the sound of the water, but I don't remember the old tap making anywhere near as much noise. The new tap is a monobloc design with a lever, rather than rotary. The plumbing is standard 15mm soldered joints except for compression fittings mating to the tails screwed into the tap itself. The mains water pressure is good but I wouldn't say excessive. The room is on the ground floor. The kitchen tap, also on the ground floor, doesnt suffer from the same problem. Any ideas ?

Reply to
Paul Tomlinson

Exactly the same problem here. Also with a ceramic type basin tap. Strangely the bath tap is identical design and fed from the same pipe, but is not noisy. The mains water here is very aerated though, which is what think is causing the noise in our case. Restricting the flow by opening another tap stops the noise, so I'm thinking of fitting a flow restricter :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Reply to
Harry Ziman

cold. you can then close off the supply valve slightly to reduce the flow. rob

Reply to
rob

current water regs mean you should have an isolation valve on the hot and cold. you can then close off the supply valve slightly to reduce the flow. rob

Only on new plumbing surely ?

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn