Bidet mixer tap repair

We have just got back from our Caribbean cruise to find a puddle of water around the bidet in the bathroom.

There is a small leak from the bottom of the mixer tap. Unfortunately the builders neglected to fit service valves so I will have to turn off both supplies. I think the job will have to wait until after Christmas now.

Anyway there is a flexible connector to the bottom of the mixer which is crimped on and just seems to swivel round as though there is an O ring joint.

Any ideas on what this joint is and how it can be repaired would be most welcome.

I remember one my old mates who was a plumber telling me a story about how he turned on the bidet he had just fitted and got soaked. His mate said that's the biggest C*** that will ever wash :-)

Reply to
chudford

Picky would help a lot.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

First time I have used pictures so hope this works.

chudford

are flexible tap tails. Neither end should swivel! Beyond the crimp is a screw thread sealed by an O ring with a hexagon.

the bottom are standard compression fittings. Turn off water, slacken off compression fittings, tighten up hexagons securing flexible into tap base, retighten compressions, restore water - all should be well. Hold the nut on the flexible still while you tighten up compressions to avoid twisting.

If not the O ring(s) on the tap tails have gone

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> They are flexible tap tails. Neither end should swivel! Beyond the

> At the bottom are standard compression fittings. Turn off water,

Or the braided bit has come uncrimped from the rigid bit which screws into the tap - maybe because it was strained on original installation. If that is the case, the whole flexible tail will need to be replaced.

Reply to
Roger Mills