Anyone got the Yellow book spare?

Hi All,

No, not the "Yellow pages" but the old version of the IEE Wiring Regulations (Obviously the latest copy would be nice and I won't say no etc ..)? Anyone got an old one they want to get rid of please (think what you could do with the spaced saved!) ;-) I'll cover the postage or collect if you are Nth London ish?

I'm sure it would be good reading for someone (sad) like me and as I've just finished reading the Maplin cat front to back (for the 4th time ) I'm looking for something new and refreshing. Oh, the "Semiconductor and accessories" section ..boy that *was* good though!

Even that isn't as good as the old 5 part RS books ..

Anyway, I believe the "The IEE On-site Guide" is another 'must read', so is there a good (1) place to get it from please?

All the best ..

T i m

(1) cheap.

"N u r s e .! T i m's got out of his special jacket again .....!"

Reply to
T i m

Actually I do have an old 16th edn Regs going spare. I'd be happy to post it to you, contact me on the above email address.

Reply to
John Horne

If you are being really sad, then you can get a set of the Farnell cataloges without even opening an account. A whole EIGHT sections (about 10,000 pages).

Sigh,

Mike

Reply to
Mike Deblis

Can I recommend the CPC catalogue?

2830 odd pages of mostly good stuff!

(Open a cash account (Free) and they will send you one)

WARNING. You will almost certainly find yourself spending a small fortune!

First you will get up to the required £30+vat to get free delivery, then it will just keep mounting up and up! Trust me, that book is dangerous!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

[T] Oh don't tempt me Mike ... and *free* you say .... hmmm ... www.farn e ll .. no .. m u s t re . sist ..
Reply to
T i m

[T] Sorry, you can't tempt me ... mind you ..'Bargain basement' ..

AV0261465 2m Scart to 2xPhono Plugs -IN @ 32p each ...

+AKM-30 / .32 ..... hmmm ...

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

Available on CD from ebay:

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

as hard copy) and these might be 'backup copies' someone has made?

Are these the latest do you know?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

In message , Sparks writes

You forgot the "sorry it's not in stock" bit

Reply to
geoff

I just bought the latest Blue copy and the On Site guide for £53 total, delivered from the Co-op online store. By far the cheapest I could find, if you need to get hold of the latest.

Rob

Reply to
Kalico

Thanks for that Rob..

I think I could find the whatever for the 'On site guide'? Is that the sort of 'real world' translation of the full regs for everyday wiring issues?

Is there more than one of these guides (different publishers etc) out there and if so, what is 'the' one to have please?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I'm still waiting for some stuff I've got on back order from Dec 02! I think they've forgotten. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

When you say the blue copy - is that the one with "16 IEE Wiring Regulations" in blue? CPC have that for £10.92 (PL04275)

is that a different one!

Sparks...

Reply to
Sparks

Different one. It's a guide to rather than the actual regulations. ..

SJW A.C.S. Ltd.

Reply to
Lurch

No - that is a set of three guide to the regs (funnily enough written by the guy who is currently teaching me Inspection Testing and Certification). From the looks of it they are course books which will help you to understand / use the regs. I don't know how much use they will be without the regs rthemselves

Chris

Reply to
Chris

In message , Mike Deblis writes

nah und ?

Reply to
geoff

CPC? Resistance is useless!!!!

Reply to
Bob Eager

I suppose .. unless you are designing a bar fire etc ... ;-)

"Your new 10,000 page catalogue set is only one click away ..."

Noooooo !

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

I bought one of these CDs a couple of weeks ago. Looks like a hot copy to me (home made label). I haven't tried it out yet. I have the blue book and OSG too.

Unfortunately I don't know, but according to the ebay site it appears that the CD has the latest patches/updates to the 16th edition. Whether that translates to the latest version of the regs I don't know.

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

[T] Hi and thanks ..

T i m