Aldi 4.8V Cordless Screwdriver

Aldi's currently have a 4.8V PowerCraft cordless screwdriver on sale. Does anyone know the type of battery it uses i.e. is is a NiCad?
Thanks

A cheap one.
Martin wrote:

NiCd or Nimh..thats 4 cells to get 4.8v
Martin wrote:

So does this guy...also checkout a 18V cordless circular saw at 25GBP http://tinyurl.co.uk/84fr
http://tinyurl.co.uk/tt43
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

Are you the publicity department for this particular seller?
--
Cheers,

John.

John Rumm wrote:

Well I bought the 1/2" Ryobi router offa him and it was in newish condition and works perfect,even though its recon. ;-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Any genuine 're-con' should work exactly as new. Cosmetically, it may be challenged. But I'd guess most of these re-cons are simply catalogue returns, etc.
--
*Funny, I don't remember being absent minded.

Often better - they're the ones that have been tested and repaired to work like they should instead of just a sample tested and the rest passed on the nod.
--
Skipweasel

Funny how the majority of "refurbs" on Ebay seem to be items commonly stocked by stores with easy returns policies - B&Q, Argos, Maplin etc.
I expect the degree of refurb varies by seller from taking the customer return off the bulk pallet and posting it to the winning bidder un-checked through to maybe pushing the button to see if it goes whirr.
To be fair the Ryobi screwdriver eBay auctions mentioned by the previous poster do say label removed and stamped so maybe they get more of a look-over. The screwdriver isn't particularly cheap though, it's 19.90 with postage. MachineMart has it with full warranty for 25.84
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

At the mo I cant fault it? only thing that appears to be wrong is the manfacturers lables have been taken off as stated in the auction.
I mean 45GBP for a Ryobi 1/2" router, I had to have it. ;-)
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 16:19:45 +0100 John Rumm wrote :

Feedback of 57, trading since August is OK, but no more than that IMO

Tony Bryer wrote:

And?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite