Black & Decker 18V Firestorm

Anybody used a Black & Decker 18V Firestorm with the removable pop-off chuck? I have a 6 year old B&D 12V that has been working great in moderately heavy use. The batteries are still going strong. I'm intrigued by the chuck. Also, the batteries interchange with my old one. Opinions appreciated. TIA

1D1OT

I had one a few years back. The removable chuck "feature" was useless. It was way underpowered, and the batteries didn't last very long at all. I also hated the way the batteries slid into the drill. Oh yeah, it was too heavy - the weight to performance ratio sucked.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I have that one. Love it. Was on sale at Loew's for $49.99 before Christmas. Comes with 2 batteries and charger with case. You can drill and screw at the same time. Just pop off the drill chuck and the screwdriver bit is right there. 2 speeds and reverse. Lots of power.

Reply to
Van Chocstraw

I've got a 12V Firestorm ~6 years old with removable chuck. Works fine. I like the feature. Guess 18V would even be better.

Reply to
Frank

replying to 1D1OT, Mark wrote: I have a Black and Decker Firestorm FS1800D drill. The Retaining Clip was lost and the chuck started slipping. I cannot figure out exactly were the clip is supposed to go. The parts diagram is not clear. I see a slot in the shaft but the clip I bought does not fit. Is it supposed to bent onto the shaft? Any information would be helpful. Having never noticed how it was originally installed I have no idea where it goes. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks

Reply to
Mark