Cheap drill

Hi. I am lookin for a quality, cheap drill. Any suggestions? Where can I order one from the web?

Zeke

Reply to
Zeke Redner

buy a clean used milwaukee or bosch. Bridger

Reply to
nospam

When's the last time you purchased a quality made product cheaply......and where?

Reply to
Bob S.

From the back of a van in a parking lot, and the seller kept looking over his shoulder.

Reply to
Mark

What kind of drill? Get a used DeWalt or Milwaukee off eBay.

GTO(John)

Reply to
GTO69RA4

Evryone wants something for nothing. Join the crowd.

Reply to
CW

Quality and cheap don't often go together :-)

That being said, the last drill I bought was a Skill 3/8" VSR corded drill for $30. I'm sure it's not finest piece of drilling machinery ever devised by man, but it works fine for utility use in the shop and for $30 how can you complain?

Reply to
Roy Smith

For all the cries of Crapsman and all that, you can't really go wrong by getting an inexpensive drill from Sears. They also offer a number of other manufacturers products.

Dave

Reply to
David Babcock

Agreed. I have two. The oldest must be 8-10 years old.

-- Mark

Reply to
Mark Jerde

Here's a 1/2" hammer-drill on sale for $10:

?i=02486I don't know how good the quality is but I have bought a few items from Homier and they've worked fine. I picked up one of their

3HP plunge routers for $50 that's worked great.

Lance

Reply to
Lance Spaulding

try harbor freight..... depending on what you are using it for.... at the price they are very reasonable...

Reply to
WARRENRN1

Plus they have a 2 year "no questions asked" warranty.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

I went to Sears' web site and looked at a number of their corded drills. The more expensive Craftsman drills carry a one year warranty. With the cheaper Craftsman drills the warranty isn't stated. Of the number of Craftsman drills I looked at I didn't find one with a two year warranty.

Nova

Wishing you and yours a happy holiday season...

Trent

Trent©

Janis Joplin has an album in the 60's might be somethin like you're lookin for. Might be hard to find a good one any more. Hey, they weren't cordless anyway.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

I bought a Porter Cable 12v drill kit at the Sam's Club here in Houston for $89. It has 330 in/lbs of torque, 2 Amp-hr batteries (2), a 1 hr charger, and a bonus 3.6v screwdriver. It's a very sweet deal if you can find it...I checked the Sam's last week in Ohio while on vacation, and they didn't have it.

Lowe's sells the Hitachi 14.4v kit for $89, which I hear is a great bargain. My father had a 9.6v Hitachi for several years, and he loves it.

Tom

Reply to
Tom M.

By going to their website you asked them a question, so the "No questions asked warranty" is null and void for unit Jack Novak

Reply to
Rico

"CW" wrote

I never said that I wanted it for free. I suppose I should have stated that I would like to find a low priced drill that will hold up. The thing is that I want to buy it NEW online not from an auction. This will be a gift.

Zeke

Reply to
Zeke Redner

Jay Pique wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I have heard mixed reviews about Craftsman.

Zeke

Reply to
Zeke Redner

Lance Spaulding wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@usenet01.boi.hp.com:

should, but the list does not mention it.

Zeke

Reply to
Zeke Redner