where to buy DC motor brushings for Black & Decker CMM1000 lawn mower?

I have a Black & Decker CMM1000 5HP 24V cordless lawn mower for years. I am seeking the DC electric motor brushings to replace the pair on the motor. This brushing is spring-loaded, and can be remove by unscrewing the plastic holder. The brush width is half inch. Can you tell me is the brushing material copper? See photo here:

I look everywhere at all the typical hardware stores in Silicon Valley, and they do not have this.

Where should I look for it?

Reply to
A. H. G.

Hi, one of these 2 sites

or
They both carry a large range of parts, including the brushes.

Good luck treverly

Reply to
treverly

Thank you very much, treverly

Reply to
A. H. G.

On 4/27/2008 6:54 PM A. H. G. spake thus:

Since you asked, no; brushes are made of carbon.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

But looking at the brushing material, it seems metallic and like copper. How is carbon material conductive?

Reply to
Andy

Carbon brush are conductive but have some resistance. Carbon is soft and wears instead of the copper commutator. They have a copper coating to conduct better in their brass (usually) holders.

Reply to
pheeh.zero