Barclays Rant

Has anyone had issues with Barclays online banking. I had to pay a bill today, and while I think I managed to, the website is giving error after error.

It's the first time I have tried it with the latest Firefox though.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Not tried today but I generally find the Barclays site very good. I use Chrome.

Reply to
Scott

Did you try it with an alternative browser? Like Chrome or Opera?

It could be a bug in the newest Firefox rather than a fault at Barclays.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Indeed. I have just logged on using Chrome with no difficulty. I fear OP is too quick to blame Barclays.

Reply to
Scott

I don't do internet banking, telephone banking, whatever - I'm a dinosaur in that respect and rely in cheques etc for handling money, although I do have credit and debit cards.

But I also use FF, which is going crazy ATM. No sooner have I downloaded the latest version than another comes along. It's quite ridiculous. I suspect they've made it too complicated, which means more possibilities for things to go wrong and need fixing, which is happening more and more frequently.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Not recently.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Barclays seem to have had a minor re-vamp, but still runs ok with FF 107

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not here it dont

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

What the F is FF?

Reply to
Scott

Firefox

Reply to
Davidm

Works fine with Edge.

Maybe he didn't notice that the default login method is to use the Barclays App and not the physical PinSentry reader.

These generate different 8-digit codes and cause a login error.

Reply to
Andrew

Not in my experience. I use the PINsentry machine and it has never caused difficulties.

Reply to
Scott

But you do have to tell it whether you're using a physical PINsentry or the app version of a PINsentry

Reply to
Andy Burns

I use it with Safari and have had no issues.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yes.

Reply to
Scott

I opened the app yesterday, and it said an update was in progress....

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

I think the app is different to the online banking.

Reply to
Scott

I think there are pretty much kept in sync so both updated together. I seem to remember the what it said was app and website were being updated and took me to a web site for new T&Cs for on-line banking.

Dave

Reply to
David Wade

I don't have the app but I would certainly be unable to cope with what appears on the PC screen if I were looking at a mobile phone.

Reply to
Scott

This was with physical PIN sentry

Logged in OK, but various screens either showed 'data unavailable or 'your browser has sent an unrecognisedcommand' or something

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher