Apple ipads (again)

Presumably you mean "UNIX-like". Only a few systems are actually UNIX (HP- UX, AIX, MacOS X, Solaris etc.).

And no, they are not. They are radically different in many areas...and that's just the modern ones. Then you start comparing the abive with BSD, Linux, Minix, to name but three....

Reply to
Bob Eager

But does that actually *matter* ? And if you are doing things such that it does, then the answer is not to do those things. Simples!

Reply to
Tim Streater

You are attempting to communicate with the local loony who is mentally incapable of understanding anything beyond bashing two rocks together. If you talk him into a corner he will simply deny what you say.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What laptop has an SSD and is 400 quid?

Ideally name one that also has 10 hours battery life

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

They are NOT radically different at all. They share the same attributes.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This man is a pure idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Only an illusion

Reply to
geoff

pfft, they all run on supercapacitors these days.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Doesn't it depend on whether she's standing upright, or having a kip?

Mind you, I suppose there's probably an "Is Scarlett Johansson standing up?" app which can tell you.

Reply to
Jules Richardson
[snip]

Grow up you pathetic child.

Reply to
Steve Firth

But it won;t be much cheaper it'll be loaded with crap software and be heav= ier and have a crap LCD, only one camera if that and will most lilely have = a a battery life of 3 hours. =20

Reply to
whisky-dave

Oh, leave him alone. I sometimes find his dribblings amusing, particularly in this case, given who Bob is...

Reply to
Huge

What is the cheapest laptop with an SSD?

Reply to
polygonum

That was fantastic interjection. What a man!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Good point. That is in then pipeline.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

This man is an idiot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

What makes him think that anyone searching for Scarlett Johansson is interested in her face or her hieght. ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

I paid under a hundred quid for mine a couple of years ago. It is, however, an Asus EEEPC with a 2Gig SSD...

I've looked at increasing that, but PCI-E ones are 'orriby hexpensive.

Reply to
John Williamson

It is about the same size. Portable when you want it to be, but not much, like the i-pad. It is vastly more powerful, and with an SSD far faster, than any i-pad crap.

On the move you need a smaller device like a 7" Nexus 7 not something i-pad or laptop sized.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Another idiot. BTW, I was known as a UNIX guru. When I write about UNIX, take note.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel