Apple ipads (again)

snipped-for-privacy@g18g2000vbf.googlegroups.com...

Ah, OK. I'll stick with my =A310 (inc. =A35 calls) Samsung on PAYG.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q
[Snip]

I can read a map. I was taught how to do so by the age of 10 (some 60 years ago). I have a sat nav which not only tell me about traffic jams ahead but also pin-points the address I want. I can't always have a streetmap for everywhere. Yes, I could set off with a Google maps printout - but why waste paper (and toner)?

Reply to
charles

Cheapskate. If you'd splashed out £14 on one like mine you'd wonder how you used to manage. (£10 payg lasts me about 12months)

Reply to
JTM

Trouble is these days if they catch you balancing the A-Z on the steering wheel and reading it whilst driving, plod are non too happy.

I can navigate perfectly well but I prefer the satnav when going somewhere I don't know. I don't, however, use a 'phone as a satnav.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I often use my satnav even on trips I know quite well. If there is reason to change route - accident or heavy traffic - it can be a real blessing. Not so bad if you have a passenger who can read maps - but some people cannot read while moving. And I don't always have a passenger.

And its speedo function seems to be more accurate overall than the car's own one!

Reply to
polygonum

Most "phones" these days are much more than phones, indeed some of them are absolute crap at actually making a phone call but are very good for letting people know you've just had a great dump at the last place you "checked in" at via Faceache or twiddle.

My phone is a phone, when I got it is was one of the *very* few phones that could do text only email. It's a Sony Ericson T610 from about 2003, really needs a new battery now though.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Most updates seemt o be to include things that they wanted to but released the product earlier than they'd have liked too. Software bug fixes are like tehy they doidn;t want to wait months until the software worked properly so they release it earier and fix it later.

with out a mobile phone one doesn't need a battery or any updates :)

Reply to
whisky-dave

product earlier than they'd have liked too.

software worked properly so they release it earier and fix it later.

Also, a lot of the bugs didn't appear until the beta testers (AKA the first customers) started using the unit in the real world.

The last new phone I obtained is about as much use as a chocolate teapot for making phone calls, but it does an excellent job as a combined 3G modem and Satnav.

Reply to
John Williamson

for OS X

whisky-dave

En el artículo , Steve Firth escribió:

Excuse me, I seem to have ventured by mistake into uk.d-i-y.50.shades.of.Grey.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , michael adams escribió:

That's *so* useful. I'll run out and buy one straightaway.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

Glly U R Rt. Thts bn missng frm my life !

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My S2 has an uptime of 198 hours ATM. It would be a lot more but I forgot to charge it and it shutdown.

Reply to
dennis

No they aren't.

Reply to
dennis

seems more appropriate for uk.d-i-y

Darren

Reply to
D.M.Chapman

Dennis, stop trying to think.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Sounds like a plan!

Reply to
News

Absolutely: Given that you didn't take the 'divorce them' advice posted earlier, the only route remaining is to shell out a few ton on the basis they know best. I don't think there's much it does that the iPhone doesn't, but it does do it quite a bit bigger, which is good for some things. Horses for courses, I suppose.

Reply to
GMM

My Sony Ericson T610 has only crashed/locked up/rebooted about half a dozen times in nearly ten years. It's probably had the battery out for maintenance more times than it has fallen over, it's rarely switched off.

The Samsung Android tablet has thrown a wobbler a couple of times since I got it in late July but is otherwise stable. Currently uptime says "5 days, 09:40:39" it should be much longer but I was using it awkwardly last week and pressed the power button for too long/repeatedly and restarted it.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

MaRKg123 wrote: [snip]

Cobblers. Why do you Andriod fan bhois have to talk so much crap? There are more free Apps for iOS than there are for Android.

Perhaps it's just that someone has chosen what they wanted. Not what you want to force on them.

Reply to
Steve Firth