not sure

after ive finished sanding my hardwood floors and staining what is the best for finishing thst will work best with waxes and not cause streeking or yellowing.

Michael Gomora

Reply to
mss1121

a 2-pac epoxy clear finish is best. any polyeurathane with a hardner in it. Don't use polyuerathane that is designed for furnitre, etc...it's too soft and will scratch easily and yellow

Reply to
Ian

Use any polyeurathane based finish which is made to be used on floors. Water based works well and does not have near the odor when drying. I would not use any kind of wax ever. Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Ricks

They actually recommend that you do NOT use wax on these finishes, just as you suggest. Clean up is just a damp mop and a little soap like Murphy's. I'd add that you follow that with a clear water mopping. Works for us.

Reply to
C & E

I like DuraSeal, an oil based finish.

Years ago I did a room with polyurethane and it didn't hold up well at all, but I think polyurethane must have been improved since then, as I think they use it on gymnasium floors now. To me, polyurethane has a plastic look and feel to it, so I've stuck with DuraSeal. DuraSeal is a professional line made by Minwax, so its rarely seen in retail stores.

I did some stair treads with waterbased polyurethane, primarily as it was recommended to be less slippery and I was c> after ive finished sanding my hardwood floors and staining what is the best

Reply to
Not