And this is why we should leave the EU!

You're welcome.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Someone who needs work done. The english will not work any more

Reply to
maus

Anyone can get a tourist viza.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Am 05/02/2024 um 17:35 schrieb Rod Speed:

So what was the point of Brexit?

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

The UK can make an obscene gesture in the general direction of some unelected shiny bum in the EU who has decided that the UK must do things the way the unelected shiny bum has ruled that things must be done.

And so that no euian who decides that their prospects are better in the UK than where they are coming from can show up in the UK and stay as long as they like without needing to do any paperwork at all and dont need to be qualified in a field which the UK needs 'workers'

And so when the romanian has been caught doing illegal activity they can be kicked out of the country given that their tourist viza has expired a long time ago.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Did you have any particular date between September 1939 and September

1945 in mind?

The answer isn't the same for every date between those.

Reply to
JNugent

Opera (irrespective of the language and nationality of the composer) traditionally didn't have a good reception from the British working class. Not even Benjamin Britten, sung in English. Operatic singers on TV talent shows (there WERE a few of them over the years) were there to make up the weight and make the winners look good.

I'm sure that it was some football tournament about thirty years ago which improved opera's standing and economic stability here.

"Nessun Dorma" was the key.

The the Three tenors, etc.

Reply to
JNugent

Italy was never on more than the one side, even after it had put its hands up.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Nobody said they were.

Italy declared war on Germany in October 1943.

Reply to
JNugent

Drunkhard Winston "Collar-the-lot" Churchill was a personal friend of Mussolini's. Let's talk about switching sides. Mussolini was seen as an anti-Communist hero until late 1930s.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Bohemian rhapsody...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Am 05/02/2024 um 18:05 schrieb Rod Speed:

"unelected shiny bum " you mean King Charles, who is incidentally also Australia's head of state?

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Am 06/02/2024 um 03:46 schrieb Rod Speed:

Let's look at the positives. At least Italy's head of state is not a foreign king.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

And who has no executive powers in the UK, he takes the ceremonial tasks from the PM which leaves the PM free to ruin the country.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines

Yes! And Freddie Mercury (Farrokh Bulsara, beautiful British name) got a lot of slack back in the day because he said he wanted to incorporate ballet and opera into rock. I've always seen the Queen as a progressive, neo-classical, rather than rock band.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

I hope that coronation is not going to be a waste of money.

Reply to
Smolley

You really do have that chip on your shoulder.

I was thinking more of Freddie Mercury & Montserrat Caballé.

Reply to
Fredxx

Am 06/02/2024 um 10:27 schrieb Jeff Gaines:

Technicalities. Still the head of state. And hereditary. Unelected. Living in a castle.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Boh-ring!

No, that was vile lip-syncing. However good Farrokh was, he would need a microphone (like the other fake opera singer, Bocelli, so much loved by the Tardashians.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

The fact that he has no executive authority is a technicality? I have no problems with hereditary, especially looking at Biden, Trump or president Bliar.

Reply to
Jeff Gaines