Leave pressure washers in rain?

Do you leave your pressure washer in the rain if you're doing a multi- day job? They pretty much get rained on while in use. The one I am thinking of is a Dewalt, with a Honda engine / commercial brass pump body.

Reply to
dean

I don't but if I was on a job site, I would get a 3 dollar tarp.

Rich

dean wrote:

Reply to
Rich

Tarp's good..I have an air compressor that has sat out in midwest weather for 2 years in My truck,it works like new and does'nt look too bad either..It's just a cheapie from Menards,I take better care of My better tools.

Reply to
Dean

replying to Dean, Ant wrote: I have a Simpson 3000 and i left it in the rain and it’s water locked. Through the muffler I guess, pull rope won’t budge. Any tips? Took out spark plug and rope pulls but h2o in the oil? Help

Reply to
Ant

You sure the hose isn't under pressure from last time it was used? That can make it impossible to pull. Hard to imagine water could get inside the engine core. Seems more possible it could have rusted up the recoil mechanism. If it's water logged internally, then pour out the oil, remove the spark plug and then it should spin.

As for leaving them in the rain, I have a heavy duty electric one. When I leave it outside, a 30 gal garbage can fits nicely over top.

Reply to
trader_4