Pressure washer as mister system pump?

I have found that the pumps for misting systems are extraordinarily expensive. It occurred to be, why cant I just use an electric pressure washer (800 PSI units which can be purchased for about 99 dollars) as mister system pump?( with some modifications likely). Any other suggestions for an alternative pump?

Reply to
Alexander SuperTramp

What about using an RO sytem booster pump? DDP-5800 delivery pump available at

is the most common type used. The variable speed version will give you the quietest pulse free operation.

Reply to
Alexander SuperTramp

No opinions?

Reply to
Alexander SuperTramp

I saw a fan for sale with a mister built in behind the fan, maybe google for it, a power washer is noisy and puts out to much water.

Reply to
ransley

I saw a fan for sale with a mister built in behind the fan, maybe google for it, a power washer is noisy and puts out to much water.

That's the point, I want to add pressure to an existing outdoor system with about 20 nozzles.

Reply to
Alexander SuperTramp

wadekyle had written this in response to

:

I was th> >> I have found that the pumps for misting systems are

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 305812 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
wadekyle

Yup and I have been looking at these...

the pressure is much less, but still may work for MY application. Still looking for a fogco 1000PSI unit. I would still like to research the pressure washer method, I suppose it could be mounted on the roof of the patio in an enclosure to cut down the noise.

:

Reply to
Alexander SuperTramp
20 nozzles system with 0.012" nozzle size will need 0.6 GPM flow.
commercial Pressure washer delivering 1600 PSI at 1.2 GPM (single nozzle) costs $90. Ryobi Model # RY141612 Even if it does not last that long "as the mister pump maker will tell you", you can buy 20 of those for the price of mister pump. There is no technical reason not to use it. I will try it!
Reply to
LuigiA

Seems to me you're comparing a cheap pressure washer pump model to an expensive misting pump model, while there are much less expensive misting pumps available. If using a pressure washing pump, first things I'd be concerned about are what pressure the system needs versus how low the pw can be set and how much noise the PW makes and if that's a problem where it will be located.

Reply to
trader_4