And this is why we should leave the EU!

Am 31/01/2024 um 14:52 schrieb Jeff Gaines:

This is what people with cognitive disorders say.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Am 31/01/2024 um 15:53 schrieb Fredxx:

Who said I can't? I can and I have 27 countries to choose from, unlike you.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

A lot of folks here haven't lived in UK for ages.

My fear and my worry is that I actually am more British than you.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

He can but chooses not to for the moment.

Presumablyfor the same reason he left it originally.

Nope, you can't lose Italian citizenship that way and he does plan to return there eventually.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Ha ha! In your dreams.

Reply to
Pamela

Yes, but you're British in a bad way.

Reply to
Bob Eager

So we may infer from the fact that you still live in the UK that it beats all those other countries for whatever reasons. Otherwise you'd have left by now. AFAICS you're in a privileged position to live where you do and should be more grateful for it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I do NOT give the impression I live in the UK. I've frequently stated it's a dream of mine to return one day. I was born there and at the time I was born, it was possibly the finest country in the world back then. It could be once again, if the right people took charge of it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Am 31/01/2024 um 21:30 schrieb Cursitor Doom:

I am indeed in a privileged position to yours. Do I feel guilty? No, you inflicted this curse to your younger generations, not I and not the EU.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Must be why so many were emigrating at the time.

Nope, it will never be anything like that again, no matter what anyone does now.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Ottavio says he's from southern Italy, which is a poor region that many people leave to work in the prosperous north or in other European countries.

Of course he can go back there but things are better here. Ottavio likes dramatic statements. Perhaps like an (operatic) drama queen.

Reply to
Pamela

These days a lot of immigrants in Britain seem ungrateful to their host country.

Reply to
Pamela

True and they have a British passport and are from the religion of peace.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Things were much much better in the late 90s when I arrived here and your world class tabloids were not scapegoating "EU migrants" as vermin on a daily basis. But come and give a look at Birmingham today. It looks like 1980s Palermo or Naples during the Mafia wars. And it wasn't our lot who made it this way but your subjects from the religion of peace. But you are too shy to confront them. It's easier to blame the white, Christian, educated Europeans.

Opera is art. You lot can't understand.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Despite what he just claimed, if you are a British citizen, you can move, without let or hindrance, to Ireland. So can all British citizens.

I can move to any EU member state. All I have to do is get the Irish passport to which I am entitled (on application and payment of the relevant fee). The same is true for many other British citizens.

Reply to
JNugent

Birmingham's been that way since *way* before you ever set foot there. And the vast majority of the immigrants you casually disparage are very nice, hard working people who I personally found delightful. And they didn't break the law to get residency, either. They went through the correct legal procedure and were very grateful to be accepted.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Quite correct. And there are other methods to get foreign passports that are too manied and varied to discuss here. I personally have 3 and can go just about anywhere. You can't have enough passports IMO.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Am 02/02/2024 um 17:59 schrieb JNugent:

Typical Brexiteer!

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Am 02/02/2024 um 17:14 schrieb Joe:

Not sure if out Joseph Greens did receive taxpayer support, considering the Italian Kingdom only started in 1861 but if he did, it would have been money well spent.

Now tell me about English Opera. Do you mean Panto?

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Am 02/02/2024 um 18:15 schrieb Rod Speed:

Albanians were not and are still not EU citizens. They came here on fake Italian passports issued by a certain criminal organization based in Norwich masquerading as employment agency. BBC Panorama covered this in

1999-2004. Home Office knew this all along. Don't blame the EU. Blame the corrupt Home Office.
Reply to
Ottavio Caruso