Amazon OTP for delivery ?

Ordered a high value item yesterday. Got an email telling me that I will need to give the driver a One Time Password when it's delivered. And that I can find that OTP by clicking "Track Package".

I click "Track Package" and search high and low for aforementioned OTP. No sign of it.

Is this because the package is still out for delivery, or because the system is borked ? The online help is pretty vague (with no pictures for thickies like me).

On the plus side, it's a step towards reducing delivery fraud. If not online sales completely :)

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Just to record the response, it's sent later. The first email doesn't make it very clear though.

Still at least they're trying to prevent fraud ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I think that'll be because amazon bear the risk themselves. i.e. they don't use CVV numbers to 'validate' cardholder not-present transactions like most retailers do.

Reply to
Andy Burns

It should be in the SMS messages on the phone.

Reply to
jon

As long as its accessible and not in wobbly writing or incomprehensible audio. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa