Adam's apprentices

I used to work with a guy who'd lived in Germany for 5 years, and not learned the language.

My question isn't why, but _how_ could you not learn the language!

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Ha! They asked me to fill in an application form:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

How do you work out do some of the answers?

Take Q7

I just think easy. 10% is 24, half that and add it to 24.

BTW the answer to Q12 is to buy an LED lamp before you start:-)

Reply to
ARW

Yeah, I'm old enough to remember 15% VAT.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

They all speak English, and Beer Taxi Hotel Police Toilet are the same or close enough.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I am old enough to remember purchase tax which was about 40% before it was replaced by VAT at 15%.

Reply to
invalid

I dont think there was ever a 40% rate but I know that, just before I left schol, TV tubes carried a 66 2/3% rate! Ouch!

50%, 25%, then the ±10% twiddles so beloved by chancellors, so we had 55%, 45%, 22.5% and 27.5%!

Because it was levied at the wholesale level and many items were priced 'plus purchase tax' it was great fun after each budget calculating the new prices!

Reply to
Terry Casey

What has that got to do with fitting a 13A plug?

Reply to
Terry Casey

They are not simple general knowledge questions, although an interested person would possibly know, an aptitude for learning and a mechanical bent is better

Reply to
FMurtz

Even I could do that.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I'm old enough to remember Window Tax.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Like the constipated mathematician

Reply to
FMurtz

Which would knock out savants.

Reply to
FMurtz

But you wuz too poor to 'ave windows :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

The legislation for the tax did not define "window". So it could be construed to apply to any opening in a wall. If the rats had gnawed enough holes Bill's cardboard box it might have been charged.

Reply to
Robin

Blame it on not having a Meccano set as a kid. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We had the windows but not the glass.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

You had a cardboard box? YOU WERE LUCKY!

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Is that the money you pay to Microsoft, Bill?

Reply to
Terry Casey

simple, enlarge the hole to take one the many desk cable outlets. It's what I did for our village hall. Kept the fridge's warranty

Reply to
charles