Subject Author Posted Replies

Damp Proofing Garage Floor
I have a garage which is attached to the main house, this is being used as a utility room/storage. Recently I noticed hard black ball shapes coming from the carpet, I looked into this and formed the...
15
15

NEFF OVEN B47CR32NOB
My new NEFF Oven language has changed back to German and the clock has moved forward by 30 minutes.. I have tried to chang it but just can't seem to. Please could you help?
5
5

Tap filter for 15 year old kitchen tap
I tried a 24mm one from my bathroom. It wouldn't fit. I bought a 22mm one and that was too small. Today at a plumbing store (that didn't stock them) I was told there are various types by different...
2
2

Trim strip matching showerwall
Anyone discovered a source for glue on matching strip for *bushboard* plastic shower wall? Easy to get for worktop edging but not yet found for showers:-( I have a partition between the bath and the...
2
2

Builders and electrics PT2
OK so they removed a door chime to plaster a wall. No big deal, however they did not know that it was powered by a mains powered transformer that was under insulation. No attempt was made to isolate...
78
78

Pond water filter ideas wanted
I have a small pond, no fish but frogs/tadpoles and other tiny creatures. Today I just took delivery of a solar powered filter/foundtain In good sunlight I get a spray over 1ft high but the filter is...
14
14

MDPE compression question
The garden taps are plumbed in below-ground MDPE and connected to the water main via a Floplast stopcock, which is at the bottom of a small vertical access chamber. Something was leaking so I've...
3
3

Frozen gas pipes?!
I just spotted a "What to do if your gas pipes are frozen" on my electricity/gas supply company's website (EDF). Remind me, at what temperature does methane freeze?
26
26

CO as ratkiller ?
Enjoying a nightime nightcap in the pleasant weather (a few days ago, in case you missed it). Sitting on the decking I fitted to give level access from back to patio. Opposite end of decking there's a...
45
45

New flange nuts for angle grinder
I've damaged* the nut that holds the disc onto the angle grinder. Actually, it's not the threaded nut, but the one underneath. That's not threaded but keyed onto the shaft. I suppose there's no...
2
2

13 amp plug power meter - any recommendations?
I'm finally getting around to thinking about replacing a plasma TV (not full HD, only SD tuner) if it is too power hungry. To do that I need to estimate the power drain over 24 hours (or even a week)...
55
55

Dismantling thermostatic mixer cartridge
The temperature control of our bar mixer tap/shower became very stiff (almo st unturnable) so I removed it today and free it up with a pipe wrench. Whi lst it's a lot better I really want to find out...
5
5

Protecting outdoor bolts
Hi All I am restoring a bench where all the metal fixings had rusted. Some joints have large barrel nuts and bolts and others bolts and inset nuts. I was thinking of putting something on them before...
17
17

Quick Quiz - Remote diagnosis.
Gotta love trying to diagnose problems by e-mail. Fortunately a video came through earlier. Fault reported - Both machines are faulty and no longer work. After suggesting plugging a vacuum into the...

3D Printer Recommendation?
Having just read an interesting "What I did with my 3D printer" thread, I wondered which 3D printers DIYers used, and why. A quick look online seems to show printers in the £200-£400 range so there...
42
42