Subject Author Posted Replies

Telephone sanitisers
They left on the B-Ark. SteveW
10

Masks
Suppose that makes a change from all the dead horse flogging these days.
4
4

Re: OT Panic buyers
The Co-op has loads of teabags at £4 a small box. I'm sure heroin is cheaper. Owain
2
2

what a great loss....
Or the library it seems, though some were being kept open until last night, butnot any more. Brian
9
9

OT: Am I a nerd
I'm sitting in my study at the moment and: To my left is a PC moving Linux partitions around prior to having yet another go at re-installing Win10. A bit nearer are: A 500Gb USB drive a 1TB drive (ex...
33
33

White Knight dryers no more?
Thought I?d remind myself how much a heat pump based dryer cost from White Knight (given the sterling service given by my old gas one) only to find that although a company website for Crosslee and...
7
7

Can you get...
The fuse and screw part of old MK spurs? Story so far. When men came to dismantle asbestos garage a couple of years ago, removed spur plug with fuse of course. Put it, they said in a certain place. I...
8
8

OT Panic buyers
Panic buyers have cleared out our local village shop. Not local people but ones from miles away who don't want to go in the crowded supermarkets.
56
56

What drives them?
These 16W D-shaped tubes like this: <> We have an older Astro Osaka Ceiling light that uses one of these, and the other day when I turned it on, it lit for a fraction of a second and then went off....
8
8

That's nice - C Virus
A neighbour has just been to several houses in the street, popping printed notes through letter boxes. Hi I'm ?????, I live at number ?? If at any point you need to self isolate and finding it tricky...
8
8

Re: Some advice is wrong.
Anyone remember the 1975 TV series Survivors when an influenza epidemic wiped out almost all the worlds population. I think that started in the Far East too. Seems kind of prophetic now. I remember...
1
1

mothers should look after their kids
Jim GM4DHJ ... laid this down on his screen : People demand much more out of life, more holidays, more expensive holidays, nicer more expensive homes with all the gadgets, nice cars. These things have...
24
24

OT House Prices
I wonder if house prices are going to crash? Seems a bit likely.
1
1

Re: It all kicked off at work today - one for Dave Plowman?
That was the pre-Rover 2000 engine (with the side valve exhaust.). Some Land Rovers were fitted with that engine too. The V8 was all OHV hydraulic tappets single camshaft between the cylinder banks....
2
2

A corona factoid.
"In the last week active cases in Italy have risen by 171 per cent. That compares to almost 300 per cent in France, 500 per cent in Spain, 550 per cent in Germany and 480 per cent in the UK." (Daily...
12
12