Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: Some advice is wrong.
Anyone remember the 1975 TV series Survivors when an influenza epidemic wiped out almost all the worlds population. I think that started in the Far East too. Seems kind of prophetic now. I remember...
1
1

mothers should look after their kids
Jim GM4DHJ ... laid this down on his screen : People demand much more out of life, more holidays, more expensive holidays, nicer more expensive homes with all the gadgets, nice cars. These things have...
24
24

OT House Prices
I wonder if house prices are going to crash? Seems a bit likely.
1
1

Re: It all kicked off at work today - one for Dave Plowman?
That was the pre-Rover 2000 engine (with the side valve exhaust.). Some Land Rovers were fitted with that engine too. The V8 was all OHV hydraulic tappets single camshaft between the cylinder banks....
2
2

A corona factoid.
"In the last week active cases in Italy have risen by 171 per cent. That compares to almost 300 per cent in France, 500 per cent in Spain, 550 per cent in Germany and 480 per cent in the UK." (Daily...
12
12

OT Savings
+1.
7
7

Agoraphobia an advantage these days ?
On Fri, 20 Mar 2020 07:52:42 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote: As Kilgore Trout said: " Get out of my body bag!"
4
4

Berry picking
What, a bit early for that I'd say! Bee keeping? Brian
7
7

OT Find out how many virus cases near you.
Explore the data on coronavirus in the UK and find out how many cases there are in your area.
9
9

Just checking my figures...
Let me see, 1L of 50% benzalkonium chloride will make 100L of 0.5% or 400L of 0.125%. Does that sound right? Hope it?s enough... Most hand steriliser foams seem to be in the order of 0.1 to 0.13% BC...
26
26

Painting exterior door
The paintwork of the front door and door frame keeps getting damaged due to carelessness on the part of residents. Is there a more durable paint we could use or does the nature of wood mean that any...
13
13

It all kicked off at work today - one for Dave Plowman?
We are fitting ventilation doors at a hospital ready for the overcrowding due to expected influx of virus infected patients. Then there was a massive argument and tradesmen nearly came to blows. So...
10
10

OT: headsets for skype etc
For once, Amazon doesn't seem to be throwing up obvious choices. My initial prejudice is for stereo, on-ear, with a boom. Must be wired, prefer single 3.5mm jack. I want something comfortable for a 1...
4
4

Re: Gig economy
Troglodytes.
9
9

Which paints to buy before the government closes the shops?
I have a galvanised metal gate which has been painted with black paint. The gate needs some of the flacking bits sanding down and then another coat. Any recommendations for a suitable black paint? I...
4
4