Can you get...

The fuse and screw part of old MK spurs? Story so far. When men came to dismantle asbestos garage a couple of years ago, removed spur plug with fuse of course. Put it, they said in a certain place. I am now thinking of connecting it up to a shed, but can I find the bleedin fuse and plug bit of the fitting? No I bleedin well can't. If I have to fit a new spur. 1 a pro would stroke his chin and claim how its not a good thing to do, it would need rewiring to a new spec no doubt with lots of extra hardware and new cable. So its a single gang fitted spur by MK with the very rounded edges in a nice shade of cream. OK I know if I find one the other one will turn up, but you never know some junk box somewhere might have one... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Was it the 'internal' type that fitted a sunken back box or surface mounted plastic box, or the one that fitted onto a surface mounted metal back box ?. Or does it even matter ?.

Reply to
Andrew

That would be an MK 6779 where the fuse carrier is raised above the front of the accessory.

Link to page with pictures:

I do have a more modern MK Logic (not Logic Plus) with the square corners and flush screw fit fuse carrier; from the pictures above I don't think the carrier will move from one to another.

The even older MK FCUs that differed between surface and flush types had a spring clip holding the fuse carrier in, not a screw.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

A new SFCU doesn't even cost £1, you're not going to get a 70s style MK SFCU for that.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Well this has a back box of metal sunk into my wall, its the same size as a

13 amp socket. Brian
Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

No this was definitely a screw, captive so you did not lose it. Shame it did not have a loose proof system, i.e. a human memory that worked correctly. grin. Yes it was a tiny bit poud of the surface, but obviously had a recess as I can still see that.

Brian Who should have sticky taped it to the bottom of the shelf nearby, with hindsight.

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

I know I may need to bribe a friend to come and change the spur but it will look daft next to the e old round edged socket next to it, and in any case that means s I can't really safely do it myself. Bah Humbug. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

You should have taken the fuse out and put the carrier back in, perhaps with a bit of tape over it.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Ebay it is then, for a whole SFCU.

NT