That's nice - C Virus

A neighbour has just been to several houses in the street, popping printed notes through letter boxes.

Hi I'm ?????, I live at number ??

If at any point you need to self isolate and finding it tricky to get shopping, please let me know and I'll do what I can to get things to your doorstep. Contact ??????????

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Did you disinfect it before reading it?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Will he help you move your money to a 'safe' account too ?.

Going to be a lot of incidences of scammers getting in on this.

Reply to
Andrew

Andrew submitted this idea :

Unlikely, I know where they live and they have been there for years..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

The Riddler lives in your street?

Reply to
Richard

Probably a lot of it going on right now, but I don't suppose you're in Dore, Sheffield, are you? Someone I know was posting leaflets just around the time you wrote your message.

Bill.

Reply to
bill.shitner

Two households in our road did the same early this week. We have checked with a couple of elderly neighbours, but are not offering wider afield as my wife is classed as vulnerable and I don't want to risk bringing it back to her any more than I have to.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Sheffield, no, a few miles further north.

The note was offering very local help, just to neighbours, which I thought was very generous.

This site seems to be trying to help organise some support for those who are isolated -

The nearest offering help to me on that site, is some four miles away - so I suspect many more need to join the scheme to make it really useful.

No problems here at the moment, we are not 100% self isolating, rather we are just restricting contact where possible, to essential contact. We stopped dining out on Thursday, the day before they forced closure of all pubs and restaurants anyway.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Yesterday I went to a funeral in Lincoln and I used my car which is not parked outside my house.

When I was driving down the A1 my next-door neighbour called me to ask if I was OK as it was a Friday and my van was still parked outside my house at 11am on a work day.

Reply to
ARW