Subject Author Posted Replies

Laptop 'Repair'
Not a second hand business model then. They are usually a doddle since they are designed to be fixed by an IT tech under time pressure.
19
19

My first phishing text message!
Since you can spoof *any* number, why not a mobile one?
10
10

OT Spoiler alert for The Archers fans
The program "jumped the shark" the day Doris Archer died in the fire.
32
32

Washing machine waste hoses
Our dishwasher and washing machine both have those corrugated plastic hoses with moulded on rubber ends to fit the trap spigots. Due to the way the spigots will be positioned when the sink is in place...
2
2

Annoyance
FWIW I'd class it as essential because it affects your stress levels. You are hardly risking spreading the virus in an 8 mile trip in a closed vehicle. You are very unlikely to be stopped and...
38
38

OT: Snow here
Humph. It's snowing. I don't recall ordering that.
17
17

central heating pump update
Hello, A few weeks ago I posted about my CH problems. Sorry for the delay, I have been working away and only had the weekends to attempt repairs. The replacement 1.6A fuses arrived but they kept...
8
8

Phone time update BST
For all of you with a landline phone which needs the time and date, where it is an hour behind this morning - just try giving it a quick ring it from your mobile. It may correct the time automatically...
8
8

he who laughs last....
you all laughed when I bought my DIY robocut version of the Flowbee....who is laughing now with a nice haircut ? ....me

Mystery cable
Ive just pulled out a length of dead cable that wasn't connected at either end. It was a twin core with red outer sheath containing one red and one plain green cores. Any suggestions what such cable...
7
7

Ping ARW, Florence is calling
If you're doing nothing, get your goggles and plastic pinny out... 40 FULLY QUALIFIED ELECTRICIANS needed for Monday start at Excel to build the new Nightingale hospital, £20ph, min 9rs per day,...
15
15

caught short
never seen so many people park in the car park across from here to go and piss in the bushes ....just shows what happens when everything is closed....
6
6

Wheelie bin to composter....
Where and what size shall I make holes? There'll be a shovel sized one, bottom front, obviously. Can I leave the bottom/base in for transportability?
21
21

Yesterday mornings job - and a dumb secretary
A nice simple replacement of a door entry system. What could go wrong? Well first of all the replacement was cheap Polish shit with badly translated instructions for a different model to the one that...
6
6

Dyson with death
One of our neighbours was taken to hospital in the night with suspected Covid. I hear he?s been put on one of the new Dyson ventilators and is now picking up nicely:-)
8
8