Phone time update BST

For all of you with a landline phone which needs the time and date, where it is an hour behind this morning - just try giving it a quick ring it from your mobile. It may correct the time automatically to BST without needing your help.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

As I cannot see the display it could be on Mars time for all I care. I wonder what the answering machine is up to? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

flashing ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

No its got no display. There is aa menu option in the audio menu to set year date and time but I don't know if you just hit next on the year etc if it will c*ck it up! Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:r5pj8h$guj$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

why does my phone need to have the correct time?

tim

Reply to
tim...

So on its Call Log it displays the correct time stamp. However, I think such phones update their clock from the time data that is sent with the ring signal, so there's never any need to take any action. I don't on mine, it's still on GMT, but it won't be long before it's updated by a spam call.

Reply to
Mark Carver

tim... pretended :

For its call log.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Why bother. Just dial 17070 and choose option 1, Ringback.

Reply to
Andrew

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." snipped-for-privacy@NOSPAM.tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:r5qg3v$952$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me...

why does that need to be correct?