OT Spoiler alert for The Archers fans

Life will never be the same in Ambridge.

Reply to
ARW

Actually, this may be the only way to do it, since it would be truly unfortunate if all the cast ended up in intensive care. I'd imagine there will be at least one fatality, it will help the bbc in their drive to save money, and of course the recordings could all be done in their own homes on mobile phones until they can all get together again. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Bed)

The everyday story of people isolating might be a dad boring.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Did they have a mad cow one too?

Reply to
harry

It never bothered the writers of The Archers.

Reply to
ARW

They could save even more money by keeping their proposed recording method or even by scrapping that program. The everyday story of millionaire farmers, their down trodden labourers and their wayward children all living in a chocolate box village.

Reply to
alan_m

Which member of the cast was that?

Reply to
alan_m

They've already blown up Grey Gables and put have the cast in hospital, it must be contract renegotiation time again. Shades of The Bowmans.

Reply to
jgh

The man himself

Reply to
newshound

The program "jumped the shark" the day Doris Archer died in the fire.

Reply to
alan_m

That was Grace Archer. And she didn't actually die in the fire she died subsequently from her injuries in her husband Phil's, arms, Doris died, peacefully so its assumed, at home in Glebe Cottage

michael adams

michael adams

And this soap opera should have died at the same time.

Reply to
alan_m

Let's home Peggy doesn't get ill. She (in real life) lives just down the road from here,

Reply to
charles

ROFL. About time. They were still going out clubbing long after the rest of the UK had locked down. It seemed *VERY* incongruous and out of step.

I wonder how long they can keep the dialogue up if they have to arrest folk who meet up more than three at a time.

Reply to
Martin Brown

A long old trek up to Birminhgham then (at least formerly) and 101 years old in June as well.

The thing is their distinctive voices don't really change that much over the years. I've not listened to it for around ten years now - it used to be a background when working or travelling, same as with Test Match Special but a quick Wiki revealed

<quote>

Her total of 61 years in the role by 2020 make her the third longest-serving actor in a soap opera worldwide in any medium, surpassed only by her fellow stars of The Archers: Lesley Saweard as Christine Barford (67 years) and Patricia Greene as Jill Archer) (63 years).

<quote>

But if I listened today I'd probably recognise Peggy, Christine, and Jill straight away. A big shock was realising that the comedy actress Tamsin Greig ("Black Books", "Green Wing" etc) had been playing Debbie Aldridge since 1991

michael adams

michael adams

The show doesn't go out live.

Reply to
charles

It always feels a bit like a parallel universe, so perhaps COVID won't happen there. (Although of course they have reduced the number of episodes per week).

Reply to
newshound

Indeed, but they send a car for her.

She was in episode 1, as a different character, but missed a few years for materity.

Reply to
charles

No but they could have made an effort to bodge in what was probably

*THE* most talked about government announcement in living memory.
Reply to
Martin Brown

Is Walter Gabriel still on the go?

Reply to