Subject Author Posted Replies

International finance question vis a vis corona virus
Almost every country is borrowing money to fund the virus costs. Where is it coming from?
18
18

What sort of pump?
We have a borehole in our garden that happily belches water 365 days of the year (or at least it has for the 18 months we've lived here) fast enough to fill a bucket and feed a tap in the workshop...
41
41

How to build a hospital
The "instruction manual" for the ExCel Nightingale Hospital has been published PDF Owain https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/download?ac=3180222 https://www.architectsjournal.co.uk/download?ac=3180222
24
24

Are the TV companies letting us down?
I think so. I cannot be alone in wanting cheering up, but there is nothing cheerful on TV at all. surely they could show some good old films, not just the dreary programmes they are showing. I agree...
32
32

OT Car batteries going flat.
On 2 Apr 2020 23:57:35 GMT, Marland > wrote: Do you actually have to drive anywhere? Can't you just start it and let it tick over, possibly with you sitting in the driving seat reading a book,...
202
202

How Isaac Newton Turned Isolation From the Great Pla gue Into a “Year of Wonders”
How Isaac Newton Turned Isolation From the Great Plague Into a ?Year of Wonders? In 1665, ?social distancing? orders emptied campuses throughout England, as the bubonic plague raged, killing 100,000...

Mystery cables
A few years ago I had some fairly extensive wiring work done on my bungalow which included the installation of an ethernet network with wall sockets throughout. The cables were all routed into a small...
34
34

OT: To help or not to help, that is the question.
My next door neighbour, more elderly than me and I'm a pensioner, has a problem with his computer and knows nothing about them other than it is not working. So he's asked me to help. Now that means...
21
21

Re: OT: Just when you thought it could not get any worse
And what can anyone do about such things? Probably nothing. Its like the tsunami which will be generated when La Plalma cracks in half. Having visited that island in the 80s, it is a very strange...

OT:Jack Schofield R.I.P
The title is self explanatory for those who've ever heard of him. Obituary column from the good old days The maximum resolution of the graphics is another selling point fraught with problems...
16
16

NiMh Cell: powdery coating under plastic sleeve
One AA cell has suddenly turned grey underneath the transparent printed sleeve and it looks like a powdery coating has formed there. Under normal circumstances I would just throw it away but these are...
15
15

OT: eBay invoice
Thanks all for the speedy reply - glad it wasn't just me... I'll drop the seller a line and ask for one.
9
9

Thunderbird reply button!!
The bastard thing is returning daily!
3
3

OT All electric fighter plane.
April !st By Paul Homewood       The RAF have been secretly developing all-electric Tornadoes for the last two years. The big problem, as with electric cars, has been the limited range, but this...
138
138

OT: Todays Covid-19 totals
Rutland is doing well, only 4 cases, but Cumbria has 425 cases. That's way, way more than Warwickshire and West Sussex combined. Strange.
7
7